Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #1

Air conditioner leaking into coach

Hat would cause my roof air to leak thru my air vents in coach. This just started all of a sudden. We had a bad rain storm was thinking that maybe when we had the new satellite dish installed they put a hole somewhere, but when we turned off the air it stopped leaking and it was still raining. Any ideas
roaming nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #2

Check the mount bolts on the a/c for being loose. Should be four of them. Just snug down, don't over tighten and ruin the gasket.
OldChief7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
You say thru the air vents? Is this a ducted AC? Could be that the rain clogged up the condensate drain and its getting in some how.
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldChief7155
Check the mount bolts on the a/c for being loose. Should be four of them. Just snug down, don't over tighten and ruin the gasket.
Agree that this should be your first step. Happened to me on a previous unit. I went to the trouble of replacing entire gasket. On retrospect I should have tried just tightening the 4 mounting bolts first and snugging down the gasket. This solved my a/c leak.
HabitatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaming nana View Post
Hat would cause my roof air to leak thru my air vents in coach. This just started all of a sudden. We had a bad rain storm was thinking that maybe when we had the new satellite dish installed they put a hole somewhere, but when we turned off the air it stopped leaking and it was still raining. Any ideas
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IF it did not leak WHILE IT WAS RAINING, Lift the nose of your RV 1-3 inches.

And when you feel better, go topside (Up On The Roof) and remove the covers, both outer and inner, and clean clean clean.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #7

My ac is dripping water today, actually blowing drops. It is very humid outsde and around 90at 9pm. I am thinking possible icing, is this not a possibillity?
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #8

We had leaks in our TT after a small shower. Leak 1 was coming down front center crossbeam. Leak 2 was coming down the wall on left side right above the window. Upon investigating, I found a puddle of water at the seam on the roof. Swept away most of that water. After the sun dried that, leak 1 stopped. On the side above the window water was dripping from AC. But it was traveling along the edge of the seam. Tilted TT to lean in the other direction. Water now drips down the other side. But leak 2 stopped. Guess I gotta add some sealant to that seam on the roof.
DrOcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #9

mine was leaking and i releveled the mh and it stopped and has not leaked again. i now pay more attention to my leveling.
boweavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Our's does the same when it's humid and the INTERIOR filter is dirty. It's condensation forming due to not enough air flow... We have to change airflow from "vents" to direct flow out of the unit also
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
high humidity will cause water to condense we had the problem but running the fan on high seemed to fix it
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote