Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #1

Air Conditioning Compressor no power

Replaced Air Compressor and no (12v) power to compressor, Fleetwood Discovery Diesel, A/C light in dash lights up when pushed, But can not get power to compressor, Have had this to 2 different shops and they can not figure it out either, Can not find a pressure switch on any of the A/C Lines. So many relays on coach, Do not know where to start, Run wire direct from battery to compressor and it works, But do not want to do this, any help would be appreciated.
Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2014, 09:54 PM   #2

There are many members who may be able to help, but we're going to need to know the year of your coach and the chassis manufacturer.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #3

2001 Fleetwood Discovery, 3126 cat, Freightliner Chassis
Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #4

Thanks , and I should have asked the first time do you see a name on any of the A/C parts " Evans " is a common supplier , cast in the plastic housing where the heater hoses enter the dash housing . I'll dig up what info I have for my A/C on F/L chassis and see if it does you any good. Too dark at the moment for me to track pressure switch so it'll have to be in the morning.

If you take a min. and click" User CP" at the left end of the blue bar under your welcome message at sign in, and go to the left side of the page and click " Edit Signature " type in your coaches info , you wont have to type it in every time you have a question , it automatically appears , as mine does below this post.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:11 AM   #5

OK, here's what I've come up with from my wiring diagrams and schematics, and a little of what I've picked up from hanging around the forums.
Freightliner, hangs the A/C compressor on the engine , the A/C clutch wiring is a F/L item up to the dash board , there the wiring terminates in a " builder interface connection " so Fleetwood supplies the dash section of the A/C and hooks their wiring to power the clutch.
The relays and fuses or circuit breakers in the A/C system will not be in the Freightliner fuse and relay centers. I went to Access Freightliner to see if the A/C pressure lines , receiver dryer, condenser & fan assembly were Freightliner parts ; unfortunately I hadn't been in for over a year and now I need a new code.
The wiring diagram I have from Evans Tempcon ; that's on my Newmar; is next to useless, I could do a better one blindfolded. No parts diagram so I don't know if they supplied the pressure switch . I'll be looking in the morning.

Some info to keep track of ;
Freightliner Free help line .Have your serial number when you phone.
1-800-385-4357
www.freightlinerchassis.com
www.accessfreightliner.com
Joining Access Freightliner , takes a while, but allows online access to wiring diagrams and parts info for your chassis. I used the service often in the first years I owned my coach. I'll have more for you in the morning
Old 07-03-2014, 12:25 AM   #6

On my 02 discovery there is a relay next to the throttle peddle behind the dash lower cover. below the heater ac unit you will find a bundle of relays just kindof lieing there. one of these relays is for the ac compressor clutch. Burried in the harness between the ac controlls and the relay bundle you may find a fuse holder for the ac clutch. The wires going to each relay are marked as to what curcuit they belong. next to the radio under the ac/heat controls you will find a white plastic 8 way connector. this connector carrys all the current needed by the ac heat system and on my coach it melted. I removed the connector and soldered and heatshrunk all wires eliminating the connector. Under the coach just behind the genny you will find the ac condenser. near this condenser there is two pressure switches. The switch in the small hose (liquid or high side) is for the fan on the condenser. The switch on the larger hose is the low pressure cycling switch for the ac compressor. Start the coach and jumper the connector to the switch on the larger hose and if the compressor starts, replace the low pressure cycling switch.
Hope this helps and use the wireing diagramms given by Skip and you should be able to find your problem.
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:37 AM   #7

Here the Evans , diagram , for what it's worth.
Let me know if your system is Denso.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0232 (640x360).jpg
Views:	15259
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	66777  
Old 07-03-2014, 12:43 AM   #8

Skip, my 02 is denso so probably racecraft has a denso also.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:51 AM   #9

Stink :I'll see if the Denso web page has diagrams that I can round up, but your description of condenser location is the same as mine , so maybe that's part of what Freightliner mounted.
I'll get back into Access Freightliner and check some part numbers.

EDIT: There are downloads, but need to know the control system, to narrow things down.
http://www.densoheavyduty.com/hvac-systems
Old 07-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #10

Skip, looking at condenser mounting Fleetwood installed it!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Stink :I'll see if the Denso web page has diagrams that I can round up, but your description of condenser location is the same as mine , so maybe that's part of what Freightliner mounted.
I'll get back into Access Freightliner and check some part numbers.

EDIT: There are downloads, but need to know the control system, to narrow things down.
HVAC Systems | DENSO Heavy Duty
Mine is all electric with one cable to blend door for temp controll. Push buttons and Stepper motors for everything else.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am surpised f/l told you they run the wires and lines to the dash.
on my damon, they only attached the a/c compressor, as part of the build contract i guess

either way you have at least two pressure switches located on the a/c plumbing
they are going to be 80% chance right in front near the condensor and or air plenum.
if your condensor is the one that hangs under the coach, just behind the front axle, look on the plumbing near the frame rail supports.

i have surmised no two coaches are the same, as my plumbing is different from other damons as well.
goo dluck
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:53 AM   #13

Racecraft welcome to the forum! Call 1 800 322 8216. This is a direct line to a free service tech at Fleetwood. Have your VIN and FIN numbers ready and they can help.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Although our Disco is a 2012, there is an HVAC fuse under the dash (with many others), accessible when you open the swing away door between the driver/passenger. Our fuse holder recently melted when it contacted a metal brace under the dash, and resulted in no 12VDC power to the A/C. Replaced the fuse holder/fuse, and we were back in business. It's made by Denso.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/elec...6j-209318.html

Hope this helps...
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioning, compressor, power