Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2022, 03:54 AM   #1

Air gauge

AMERICAN EAGLE 40L 2005

I have a problem with one of the air gauge
One of them is working correctly and the other is constantly rising to the maximum reading and dropping to a level of zero. The problem is that I do not know where to find the air sensor to replace it, as I am new in the diesel world

Also, I do not know these two gauge of any tanks or any guest

There is also a small tank under the driver with a small air pump i dont know for what

I hope someone can help me
Thanks
feras is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2022, 06:54 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Do you have access to the rear of your dash to look at the gauges??

Mine are pneumatic, there is tubing that connect directly to the front and rear tank.

The small tank might be for maintaining air pressure for air leveling system when parked.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 08:31 AM   #3

If that is a Freightliner chassis (or similar with the same type of MMDC) it could simply be the daisy chain communications cables that jumps between the gauges. Sometimes CRC contact cleaner and lubricant can cure the issues when you pull the plugs, spray the socket and plug and then reinsert a few times to break up and corrosion. Second culprit on those with funky gauge action can be the ground wire from the "brain" to the chassis - all that is behind the gauge panel. Take pictures before you start touching much...
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:34 AM   #4

Is your coach on a Spartan chassis ?

Does it have adjustable pedals mounted under the dash ?

When the gauge reading drops , do you get a low air pressure alarm ?
Old 09-27-2022, 08:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip426 View Post
is your coach on a spartan chassis ?

Does it have adjustable pedals mounted under the dash ?

When the gauge reading drops , do you get a low air pressure alarm ?
yes it is spartan chassis.

Yes its have adjustable pedals mounted under the dash

no i dont get low air pressure alarm
Old 09-27-2022, 07:57 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Does the fluctuating gauge change when you step on the brake? I drove some trucks that had a gauge for the air reservoir and another that showed the air pressure sent to the brakes based on brake pedal pressure.

Just saying.
Old 09-27-2022, 09:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by feras View Post
yes it is spartan chassis.

Yes its have adjustable pedals mounted under the dash

no I don't get low air pressure alarm
I'm currently trying to help a Newmar / Spartan owner with gauge and alarm issues .
Spartan sent him this pdf on a wiring recall to correct gauge readings .

I believe one of the pictures will give you the location of the air pressure sensors and the brake light pressure switches .
Out side the firewall .

The pdf text , indicates not to mix the connectors : BUT , JMHO , you can color code the wiring and sensors so you know which one goes where and swap the wires , if the gauge reading problem doesn't move to the other gauge then the sensor isn't the issue ; the gauge is . That is perhaps why you don't get an alarm at the same time as the gauge goes below 60 psi.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 0Spartan air gauge wiring recall.pdf (154.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-28-2022, 02:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
I'm currently trying to help a Newmar / Spartan owner with gauge and alarm issues .

I believe one of the pictures will give you the location of the air pressure sensors and the brake light pressure switches .
Out side the firewall .

The pdf text , indicates not to mix the connectors : BUT , JMHO , you can color code the wiring and sensors so you know which one goes where and swap the wires , if the gauge reading problem doesn't move to the other gauge then the sensor isn't the issue ; the gauge is . That is perhaps why you don't get an alarm at the same time as the gauge goes below 60 psi.
thanks for your help i will check again
Old 09-28-2022, 02:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post

Out side the firewall .

I am looking for all owner Manuel for my american eagle 40l , if you have it I will be grateful to you .
Because after buying these rv , I was surprised that the information about it is very little. I do not know the locations of the fuses, wire extensions and other things, so the owner's manual will help me a lot

thanks

Tags
air