Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2015, 04:31 AM   #1

Air / hydraulic master cylinders

Hello from Dan.
As anyone with an older air over hydraulic brake system, Mine started to leak. no problem, I'll just get a rebuild kit and take care of it.
after finding nothing local and seemed like due to legal ramifications, no one was going to have parts and I was left to buy new.. So I bought suitable replacements. they worked, just not very well. So I kept searching ever widening my search. seemed like no one rebuilds or supplies parts for the master cylinder. Your left to spend upwards of $1000 each for "exact" new, or a $500 each "suitable replacement" that doesn't work very well feeling mushy and "iffy" at best..
I finally found this place, that will sleeve and rebuild the OEM master cylinders.
And, do it cost effectively !!
they estimated about $400 to completely rebuild both front and rear master cylinders and air actuators.
Got my bill today, $228 total including about $70 shipping.
In speaking with Tim, he was very helpful and forthcoming with information and advice.
If your looking for help and source for your master cylinders, please give these guys a call. They sure helped me with fast professional service.
I hope this helps..
Dan.. kb7uxe.

Tim @
Precision Rebuilders
350 N. Commercial Ave.
St.Clair Mo. 63077
(636) 629-1444
kb7uxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2015, 04:21 PM   #2

Rexhall Owners Group
Thanks for the great information Dan. I too looked several years back trying to find replacement parts to no avail, ended up buying two new units from Spartan at around $750 a piece. Still have the old ones which I will see if I can get rebuilt if the time ever comes.
Martin