Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #15
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I don't like how much room the fold out takes. Much preferred the jack-knife for that reason. My daughter sleeps on that. She never complained. The fold out has a blow up mattress over a small coil. It's fairly comfy but impossible to sit in the easy chair with the bed open. You are pinned against the curb side wall.
Dogpatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We used a full size air mattress we bought from Walmart whenever we had guest on our jack knife sofa. It had an air pump and took about five minutes to inflate. We deflated each time, folded it up and stored it under the J couch. Just removed it and placed a Lazy Boy sofa bed. Much more comfortable to both sleep and sit on. Plenty of room to walk around when open since we also removed the J couch and placed a recliner and fold down table.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Two coaches ago I had a jack knife sofa. I limited my search for a MH then based on how big the sofa was so it could be used as a bed all the time. I ended up with the Adventurer and the 72 inch as it also had the arm rests that came off which I stored inbetween the front ( side of sofa ) and the drivers seat so it would be a solid platform for the pillow. This worked well. I adapted to the line in the middle by sleeping diagonally. Not the most comfortable setup but doable. No worse than some places I have had to set up tents over the years
The new MH has the pull out / fold out and needs the slide out open before use which aggravates me as if there was every high winds I would not be able to use it. You would think they could invent a better sleeper.

Here is the thread for what I have been doing on the foldout:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/anyon...am-117959.html

When I go traveling with an extra person I have a coleman air mattress off their cot/air mattress item. I ditched the cot and kept the air mattress. Got it in myrtle beach at the factory outlet. I did that as it was narrower than the twin size and allowed the person on the fold out to get back to the bathroom at night easily. A foam topper on the air mattress on the floor is comfy. The coleman 12v pump is fast inflate and deflate. I installed a 12v outlet on the floor level next to the entry steps for easy access for the pumps plug.
Only problem with the air mattress is the condensation and the underside of the foam topper is wet in the morning where it contacts the mattress. Not sure how to correct this as it just started with the new camper, the last camper we never had that problem ... and it was the same setup. Same person, same mattress, same foam pad. I have tried a rug under the air mattress thinking it was the colder floor lowering the temp in the mattress overnight and causing condensation but still does the same. Next time I use it, I will see if a mattress protector under the foam will help, at least even to keep the water from the foam pad. But then it might not work at all...
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote