Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2017, 08:36 PM   #15

Open the dash and look behind the yellow button. That's where the switch typically is.

The Google air brake parking brake switch. There are quite a few to compare with yours.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2017, 06:19 AM   #16

I had an air alarm going off. Took me a long time to find the culprit. there are a few (3) switches on the fire wall of my spartan behind the brake pedal. Also there are two under the dash inside behind the pedal. I unplugged the wires to each until the alarm stopped. Found it. Faulty switch.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:43 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZRider800 View Post
Ahhhhh. Glad to hear you had the same problem and this fixed it. Just wondering.......how do you find this switch on the 'net so you can get a good price? Just walking in to an RV dealer and asking for the part sounds like a good way to spend way too much money!! Is there a part number on the switch? Any idea who makes it? Thanks!
The switch is called a nason switch. It’s located on the parking brake plunger. I’m not near my files so don’t have a part number handy but could post that info next week if needed.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:12 PM   #18

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Open the dash and look behind the yellow button. That's where the switch typically is.

The Google air brake parking brake switch. There are quite a few to compare with yours.
His is on the driver's left console, at the rear.

OP: you can get at that switch by removing that panel next to the driver's seat (move the seat full back, and perhaps rotate it if that helps). Remove the four screws (sometimes you have to take out the bottom one on the map pocket too...) Careful: I've not gone in that area one time without having at least one fiberglass splinter in my hand when done! Arrggg.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:33 PM   #19

The switch is made by Nason there should be a part number sticker on it then just do an online search, mine was mounted on the panel by the drivers left arm I was able to pull the screws in that panel and lift it up so I could take a picture of the sticker with my phone. There were not too many sources I could find for the switch but there were some out there, Good Luck.
alounsbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:18 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
The switch is called a nason switch. It’s located on the parking brake plunger. I’m not near my files so don’t have a part number handy but could post that info next week if needed.
Any help with part numbers would be appreciated! Thanks.
EZRider800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:24 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehog View Post
His is on the driver's left console, at the rear.

OP: you can get at that switch by removing that panel next to the driver's seat (move the seat full back, and perhaps rotate it if that helps). Remove the four screws (sometimes you have to take out the bottom one on the map pocket too...) Careful: I've not gone in that area one time without having at least one fiberglass splinter in my hand when done! Arrggg.
I found it by taking about 10 screws out of the burled wood switch panel beside the drivers seat and lifting it straight up. The park brake knob is at the rear of this switch panel. The air brake sensor is attached to the air brake knob. After whacking it a few times with a 12' adjustable wrench the beeping stopped and I was able to make the 9 hour drive home in peace and quiet!!! It came back on one time after hitting a rather large pot hole so I pulled off the road, lifted the panel up and whacked it again with the adjustable wrench and it quit beeping again. Man am I glad you guys helped me find that switch!!! I couldn't have made that trip with all that loud beeping going on. I listened to it for 5 straight hours on the way there and was ready to blow my brains out!!
Old 10-23-2017, 08:31 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
I just wanted to thank everyone that helped me diagnose the faulty park brake air sensor that was beeping so loudly in my ear every time I put the Allison transmission into drive or reverse. I found the sensor, hit it with a heavy wrench, and it got real quiet in the cabin of my coach. Just like it should be!!!

Curtis "EZ" Smith
Ringgold, GA
2006 Holiday Rambler
40' Class A Diesel Pusher
Old 10-23-2017, 08:39 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Any help with part numbers would be appreciated! Thanks.
It's part number SM-1C-66R/WP28. They are called Nason Switches.

It's been awhile since I got one, but they are a bugger to get, as I recall. Monaco has them, but $$.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:08 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
It's part number SM-1C-66R/WP28. They are called Nason Switches.

It's been awhile since I got one, but they are a bugger to get, as I recall. Monaco has them, but $$.
Thanks Bill!!! I'll see what I can find. I appreciate the help!

Curtis "EZ" Smith
Ringgold, GA.
2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
Old 10-23-2017, 09:29 PM   #25

Several online

SM-1C-66R/WP28 by NASON - Buy or Repair at Radwell - Radwell.com

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:24 AM   #26

Great news....glad to help!
RacerFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:27 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Bill!!! I'll see what I can find. I appreciate the help!

Curtis "EZ" Smith
Ringgold, GA.
2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
Just to let everyone know I found the part at:

VEURINKS' RV CENTER
7144 S DIVISION AVE S
GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49548
616-281-5111

Total including shipping was $62. I ordered at midnight on their web page. 9AM the next morning I had an email of the invoice and another email from Sue thanking me for my business and telling me the part was shipped!!! You can ask for more than that.

Radwell.com had the part a little cheaper and offered a rebuilding service that took about 2 weeks but you can't order off their website. You have to call them. I didn't want to have to do that as I'm very busy during the day with my sales job so I chose to order at midnight from the RV dealer instead.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:24 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
I have had this problem intermittently but it would heal itself after an hour or so. It's amazing how loud that noise gets over time. I'm glad I ran across this thread and now found the answer. I will pull the panel to be sure of the part #. My guess the folks that swing a 12 inch cresent at an electric problem must have owned or does own a Harley. Thanks to you all.

Tags
air