Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2017, 07:17 PM   #1

Air Ride Seat

My son's new coach has an air ride drivers seat much like a semi. Has anyone converted theirs to air ride? His crane trucks have them and they really smooth out the rough roads.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2017, 06:43 AM   #2

I am on my 4th coach and never had an air ride seat before. I never thought to much about it as all the seats were comfortable ( I thought), my new coach has air ride and I really like it. I will say it takes some getting use to,I have found that I can drive twice as far in a day and not feel stiff or sore. What ever my next coach is will have an air ride seat for sure, it would be very difficult to go back to a std seat.
Ahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:00 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Previous owner converted driver & copilot seats on mine, sure is nice. No matter how comfortable your seat is the air ride is a huge improvement.

I hae been told some conversions are taller than others. Mine is Isringhausen, they are tall & I am short so I have a 3" platform for my feet to rest on while driving.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:31 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We will be getting our new captains chair and co pilot chair next week. The captain chair is going to be an air ride. After putting in an hour in the old seat, my husband is ready to pull over and stop for the day. I can't blame him as it fatigues you out quickly. So I hope now we can go at least our agreed upon 2 hours before stopping. If the air ride is as comfortable as folks say, I may have trouble getting him to stop. LOL
These chairs do cost a pretty coach buck, but are a major upgrade in comfort.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:08 AM   #5

Another feature of my sons seat is that it is heated and cooled plus equipped with a massager to increase circulation. I sit on a sheepskin, so would be happy with just the air ride.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #6

.....I am not sure how any one air ride seat brand or another would be better than another, I have found that all the utility trucks I drove with air ride seats were a bit bouncy.....you don't really feel the bumps on your rear but like a bad shock, your still getting a little settling after it.

WDK
WillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote