Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2018, 06:25 PM   #1

Air suspension question.

Newbie here so please forgive me if I make a mistake on where I ask questions.

I have a 2006 Country Coach Intrigue 530 that I just purchased from a private seller. I have a question about the air suspension and what kind of adjustment I can make? While in travel mode, the front passenger side of the coach sits a touch lower then the left side. With that being said,on big bumps i can feel the suspension on that side bottom out sometimes. I have replaced the bushings on the sway bar on both sides because I was told that the sway bar controls the ride with a arm connected to a air regulator that controls air pressure to the air bags. It improved the ride substantially but still sags on the passenger side. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance and please tell me if this is not where I should be asking questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180825_110433.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	452.3 KB
ID:	216529  
Just22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2018, 06:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just22s View Post
Newbie here so please forgive me if I make a mistake on where I ask questions.

I have a 2006 Country Coach Intrigue 530 that I just purchased from a private seller. I have a question about the air suspension and what kind of adjustment I can make? While in travel mode, the front passenger side of the coach sits a touch lower then the left side. With that being said,on big bumps i can feel the suspension on that side bottom out sometimes. I have replaced the bushings on the sway bar on both sides because I was told that the sway bar controls the ride with a arm connected to a air regulator that controls air pressure to the air bags. It improved the ride substantially but still sags on the passenger side. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance and please tell me if this is not where I should be asking questions.
Sounds like the ride height needs to be adjusted or you have a problem with the FR air bag. The air suspension should "Never" bottom out and can damage it. The sway bar is just that. It helps to restrict the sway of the coach when turning. It has nothing to do with setting the ride height. My coach has a RH valve at each corner. Not sure with the CC, but Freightliner and others use three RH valves, with one in front and two in the rear. You need to get to a shop certified to work on your chassis.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:35 PM   #3

Welcome to forum!

I can't hep with the air bag problem since it has been forever since I've had anything with them.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:24 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
The CCs uses a ride height valve in the front and two in the rear. It is a balancing act between the three to get the ride height set properly. You need to get the specs for correct ride height and have it set.

Having no idea where you are located, it is hard to tell you where to go. If on the west coast. Oregon Motorcoach in Eugene,OR is a good place to go
Old 08-27-2018, 04:56 AM   #5

Congrats on the rig very nice! Pop in to the CC forum further down the list and you should get some good answers. Mostly and simply enough, I would take coach to a truck shop and have them checked along with the suspension etc. A good once over. Find a truck frame shop as that's what they deal with every day. Pose question in CC forum and you should also get the files for ride height, measurements etc.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:50 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! I would poke around over in the Country Coach area of the Owner's Forums and see if others have had the same problem. Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:00 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Have someone increase the rod length on the R ride height valve on the drive axle...any big truck repair place can adjust if you are not up to blocking it up and sliding under.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:19 PM   #8

Another welcome. Your Intrigue is a nice coach, and is well worth sorting out the teething pains of making your coach. Both mechanically, and interior wise if you find you want to change things around to your own personal likes.

I alway's suggest working out all mechanical issues first, safety and comfort while traveling. And taking sometime to live in a new/used coach, and come up with a list of items that you may want to modify to your own likes.

Suggest you ask an Admin to move this to the Country Coach Owner's area. Also let us know what region your in, and we can make recommendations of shops to consider.

Besides normal catch-up maintenance on buying a used coach (May not be needed, but especially if not documented, pretend the maintenance was never done. Do a full service, if needed. Establish a baseline for you to move forward from with 'your coach'.), sounds like you should visit a good chassis shop. Southern California = Colton, Northwest = Kaiser Brake & Alignment, Florida = Jolson (SP?), Minnesota has a shop with a good reputation too, just can't recall the name right now.

Have an all axle alignment performed, this include setting ride heights to factory specs. Also have them inspect your chassis for wear of bushings, components, and shocks. Very probable you have Koni Adjustable SP2 generation shocks on your front end. They could be occasionally overwhelmed controlling the IFS on that coach. Good alternatives are the Koni EVO 99 shock, or more spendy the Road Kings. Rears are probably fine, so you might just look into the Steers for now, and go put some miles on and see how you like the handling.

Often overlooked, and a safety item, is the Air Dryer. If receipts do not document replacement or refurbishment/rebuild in the last 3-4 years, have that replaced too.

A friendly and some very knowable owners on the CC IRV2 Owner group... Ask away, and someone usually can get you an answer, or point you to someone who knows...

Enjoy, and relax, have fun, go slow - ease into the Finest Coach Ever Made (Opinions will Vary!) - Country Coach!!!

Best to you,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:08 AM   #9

What an awesome group I've joined! After I posted my question, I have gotten more familiar with the CC forum and was able to find all the answers to my question and have learned more about my coach then I have ever dreamed of. Some very intelligent members here. Thanks for replying and the information.
Just22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just22s View Post
What an awesome group I've joined! After I posted my question, I have gotten more familiar with the CC forum and was able to find all the answers to my question and have learned more about my coach then I have ever dreamed of. Some very intelligent members here. Thanks for replying and the information.

Hey Y'all.... We got another one snowed!!

Tags
suspension, air