RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2018, 05:58 AM   #15

I have no power where I store my coach. I simply pull the fuse for the Alarm. On my coach even when you turn off the salesman switch it still supplies power to the alarm.
Hope this helps
CampDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2018, 06:14 AM   #16

Yes some thing is running battery’s down quick quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmldura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:17 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDavid View Post
I have no power where I store my coach. I simply pull the fuse for the Alarm. On my coach even when you turn off the salesman switch it still supplies power to the alarm.

Hope this helps

When I picked up my house battery’s were at like 8V

So some timing was on on...

I found a blade switch for the chassis battery’s, and I also did the house disconnect switch, it there possibly another blade to switch off for the house battery’s ???

18, legacy 38c diesel

Old 06-28-2018, 09:19 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmldura View Post

So some timing was on on...

I found a blade switch for the chassis battery’s, and I also did the house disconnect switch, it there possibly another blade to switch off for the house battery’s ???

18, legacy 38c diesel

That's a Forest River product, correct?

If the batteries had a 8 volt charge, you've shortened the life considerably. If they were at that charge for any period of time, they are probably ruined.

You need to get them charged back up. Is there any on site power available you can plug in an extension cord for battery charging?

Another option is to take the batteries out and take to a local store that can load test them for you. If you go this route, be sure to take lots of pictures of the battery connections so when you re-install the batteries, you connect exactly the same way the first time.

If power is not available when in storage, you're going to need some sort of battery disconnect that disconnects everything. I don't know what FR put on there as OEM. You might need a mobile RV repair person to come install something for you. Possibly adding solar would be an option as well.
windsorbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:49 AM   #19

Check all your basement doors to see if a light has been left on, also the switch on your closet door, light will come on when opened and supposed to shut off when closed...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
wingnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:46 AM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmldura View Post
Ouch. If they're flooded or AGM lead-acid batteries, they need to be charged fully and probably equalized as soon as you can do so. 8V is considered a complete discharge and is a terrible thing to do to a deep cycle battery. The longer it stays at that voltage, the more damage is done.

Generally, lead-acid batteries should always be kept above 50%, prefer to stay above 70%, and like to be maintained on a float charge at 100% whenever possible. If you regularly discharge them below 50% or don't regularly get them up to 100%, they'll die a quick death.

If they're Lithium (LiFePO4) batteries, the battery management system should stop the discharge at 8V and they won't suffer any permanent damage.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:34 PM   #21

Update update

So I ran generator for about an hour and charged

Each battery text at 6.45volts and they and 6V battery’s do I assume they were not completely drained but low low

So with that being said what do we think is going on

I have 2 blades

One at house battery’s and one at chassis battery’s

So question is, it because i left the house blade on even tho I used house disconnect switch the reason why probably? Any help appreciated

Old 06-28-2018, 09:48 PM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
If you checked your battery voltage immediately after charging, the readings represented the surface voltage, not the actual battery voltage. You would need to let the batteries rest for about 2 hours before checking the voltage to get an accurate reading.

With regard to your battery discharge situation, I'm not familiar with your coach's specific wiring, so I can't say. If you have a bladed disconnect on the positive battery cable just before the batteries, that should be sufficient, though lead acid batteries will still self discharge at a rate of about 10% per month and should ideally be topped off with a 100% charge every few weeks.

Tags
storage