Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2020, 08:23 PM   #15

My experience with Aleko is their awnings are pretty decent, their instructions are only good for starting the campfire...

I installed one of their awnings a couple years ago and I read and reread the instructions and they made little sense. I at one point was on the phone with a tech representative and I read her a sentence from the instructions and asked her what it was supposed to mean. She responded by saying "I honestly have no idea".
Brob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2020, 08:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brob View Post
My experience with Aleko is their awnings are pretty decent, their instructions are only good for starting the campfire...

I installed one of their awnings a couple years ago and I read and reread the instructions and they made little sense. I at one point was on the phone with a tech representative and I read her a sentence from the instructions and asked her what it was supposed to mean. She responded by saying "I honestly have no idea".
I guess we get what we pay for. The direct Dometic replacement (19') is about $1400, whereas I got this one (20') for under $900. The modular cylinder made it easy to ship to my house. I had to rent a Uhaul to pick up the Dometic replacement last time.
Wbago97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:46 AM   #17

With our ALEKO awning we don't have a remote so i bought a switch used to operate a slide and ran the wires in the arm then through the wall and mounted switch inside, had to run 2 wires from battery to switch and 2 wires from awning, ain't completely done yet but will put up some pics when i get around to finish her-rich
pushtrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 03:45 PM   #18

I'm having an issue now. So far I have opened and closed it manually a few times, with a small test of the motor. Now I'm stuck with it open, and turning the wrench or motor is not retracting it.
How did you replace that wrench?
Old 05-31-2020, 05:35 AM   #19

Wbago 97--first we have to know is it 12 volt with a switch or remote or 110 volt with a remote--ours is 12 volt without a remote so we added a switch-Assuming the info you gave us I would look for the power not getting to unit- now there is a manual rewind by using the supplied wrench hooked in and cranked- before I received the tool I bought a long 7mm allen wrench cut off the end and put into awning and closed it with my drill-if you have more info and problems get back to me and we will discuss it further-you can send me a PM if you want---Rich
Old 05-31-2020, 05:42 AM   #20

Its a 12v and the motor is getting power as I can hear it, but it is not turning. The manual wrench is not working either. Did I extend too far? Later today when I have a helper I will see if I can manually roll it back while turning the wrench.
Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:15 AM   #21

You may have to pull the motor out there is a tang at the end of the motor way in there and that may have come off or broke, not a big deal pulling the tube motor but two people for sure, and ty the awning when motor is pulled so it don't unravel no springs to fight though,first picture is end where cog goes on with snap ring-second pic is what motor looks like when pulled-Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4363.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	287655   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4364.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	287656  

Old 05-31-2020, 09:00 AM   #22

Thanks for the pictures, very helpful! I'll let you know how it turns out (pun intended)
Old 05-31-2020, 02:02 PM   #23

So while running the motor and hand turning the cylinder (not by the manual wrench but literally rolling by hand while the motor was on), it seems to catch when I was about 1/3 of the way back. Before that, it would roll out again. I'm gonna leave it up for a while before I troubleshoot some more because I need to drive for state inspection.
I wonder if it has to do with the min max settings which I had not adjusted yet, because during installation I only used the wrench to open and close without the electric hooked up.
Anyway, thanks again, and I'll post next time I try something.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:35 PM   #24

So today we got the motor out and took it apart. Apparently the gear with the red screw is stripped. There was also a loose screw inside the cylinder and could not tell where it was supposed to be. Contacting Aleko to see if they will replace...
Old 07-12-2020, 09:36 AM   #25

Aleko customer service is terrible. They never answer the phone. I wouldn't mind corresponding by email except all the do is tell you to call. I got one call back after I posted a bad review. Of course I missed the call, and the only number they gave me to call back was the main number which they never answer.

Is there a way to rig this thing so I can at least use the hand crank until I get a replacement?
Old 07-25-2020, 11:32 AM   #26

I got a motor from ebay and replaced; it is now working.
I sent a reply to private message but I'm not sure if it went through.

Tags
awning