Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2021, 11:23 AM   #1

All Cameras No Longer Working: What's Up?

We have a 2010 new-to-us 40 foot Winnebago Tour CD. It comes standard with three video cameras, one rear which is on constantly, and one on each side activated by the turn signal.

The camera displays on a Sony monitor located just above our muti-faceted fancy radio, a Pioneer AVIC-7200NEX radio system.

Recently we could not seem to figure out how to bring up the FM channels on this radio, so I had a friend help me restore the FM channerls. After he left, I found that we no longer displayed a camera feed from any of our three cameras. The Sony screen is on and I can hear and transmit sound to the rear camera but there is just no video sent to the Sony video monitor.

I believe that we inadvertantly changed a setting on our Pioneer stereo system (which includes GPS, Pandora, HD Radio, Sirius, Android Auto, Bluetooth ... you get the picture) and this shut off the video feed from our three cameras.

Now, one option is to take the RV to a fancy stereo shop and have their technicians do a "diagnostic" on the system for $100 an hour. I have spoken to a high-end stereo shop in a neighboring state has that capability.

What gives me pause is that they want me to leave the coach with them all day to be diagnosed, so I picture a bunch of twenty somethings trying to drive or move this 40 foot 32,000 lb coach around their car-oriented shop (what could possibly go wrong with that??) so I am looking for other solutions before I resort to taking the coach in for a diagnostic. (I will just stay with the coach all day if I do decide to take it in.)

We have used the coach very little since chnaging the radio functions and losing video, so I do not believe the video is damaged or impaired but for the disrupted comection through the radio.

Is there anyone out there who has a coach with a similar radio system who might be able to steer me towards restoring my video capability? The manual is Greek to me and does not seem to address any video capability.

Link to radio and manual: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/NEX/AVIC-7200NEX

Appreciate any help!
Larry
Grapehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2021, 04:05 PM   #2

If you have a separate Sony video monitor, I doubt that the Pioneer unit is affecting your video. Unless your friend disconnected the video from the Sony and connected it to the Pioneer. Check the contrast on the Sony monitor. Also, check the input cables to the Sony . Maybe they were inadvertently disconnected when your friend worked on the Pioneer.
Glennabbott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:56 PM   #3

Thank you Glennabbott1! My friend merely pushed a few buttons on the Pioneer unit to bring up the FM menu. He did not adjust anything on the Sony video just the Pioneer radio. He did not disconnect anything. I talked to the former owner and he confirmed that the rear and side video runs through the Pioneer unit but he was unfamiliar with the settings. Hoping to find someone with this entertainment unit.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapehound View Post
Thank you Glennabbott1! My friend merely pushed a few buttons on the Pioneer unit to bring up the FM menu. He did not adjust anything on the Sony video just the Pioneer radio. He did not disconnect anything. I talked to the former owner and he confirmed that the rear and side video runs through the Pioneer unit but he was unfamiliar with the settings. Hoping to find someone with this entertainment unit.
I think the instructions for camera video are on pg 73 of the manual. If you’re not familiar with the functions, your children or grandkids can probably take care of it in minutes. Hopefully this helps.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennabbott1 View Post
I think the instructions for camera video are on pg 73 of the manual. If you’re not familiar with the functions, your children or grandkids can probably take care of it in minutes. Hopefully this helps.
I have the manual in front of me and I am going over to the coach tomorrow to test these settings. I hope you are correct and that it's the camera settings and not the radio settings that are the issue. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 01-31-2021, 01:24 PM   #6

Quote:
I have the manual in front of me and I am going over to the coach tomorrow to test these settings. I hope you are correct and that it's the camera settings and not the radio settings that are the issue. Thanks for your suggestions.
Any solution?
Old 01-31-2021, 03:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennabbott1 View Post
Any solution?
Still have not gotten over to the storage place yet (a local farm). It's plugged in so it'll be ready to test when I get there. Will post results here for sure. I am thinking more and more there's just a setting on the camera monitor that's causing the issue.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Still have not gotten over to the storage place yet (a local farm). It's plugged in so it'll be ready to test when I get there. Will post results here for sure. I am thinking more and more there's just a setting on the camera monitor that's causing the issue.
10-4
Old 02-03-2021, 06:07 PM   #9

No Luck

So, today a friend and I went over and double checked the Sony camera monitor settings from the manual to make sure they are correct. Then we went through every Pioneer radio setting we could find which seemed to related to camera signals and we had no luck in getting any of the cameras to send an image to the Sony monitor.

I am sure it's something simple. There is a radio shop nearby which will do a complete dioagnostic on the Pioneer radio for $100. I can schedule quickly with them but I just worry that they won't be familiar with RV stuff since most of their installs are for fancy cars likely wthout camera systems.

The other option is to go to a Winny dealer experienced in working on this model Winbago Tour. Bad thing there is it could take a month or two to even get in to a service center.

Not sure which approach to take.,
Old 02-03-2021, 07:34 PM   #10

I would trust the local radio/stereo folks more than the rv dealer/shop. That's just my 2 cents.

Tags
camera