Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2022, 05:37 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precab View Post
If you couple the next RV electric or not w the latest F150 which has the power on board generator built in already it is a game changer for RV life.
I don’t believe I would like my pickup running all night to power that generator.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2022, 06:28 PM   #44

Spartan Chassis
I have never heard a single person with an all electric RV say they with they regretted it. I not saying it hasn't happened but I just haven't heard any. What I do heard a lot is people who got one that love it. I am amused how people against them talk about scenarios that just doesn't occurred. Seriously? I have never had to " shut something off" when plugged into 50 amp. unless the park is having low voltage issues. Then I can just fire up my 12.5 kW generator.
Old 01-23-2022, 06:33 PM   #45

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryinID View Post
Propane is very safe. Most RV fires are electric caused.
The number one cause of fire is reported to be within the RV engine compartment, often in the electrical system. That will happen whether you are all electric or not. How many RV refrigerators have caught fire as opposed to residential?
Old 01-23-2022, 07:50 PM   #46

Elec class A?

[ QUOTE=Col. Klink;6051713]I've been kicking the tires on some of the higher end class A's, and the salesmen talk up the all electric rigs. After RV'ing for 40 years I don't have any issue with propane. I do understand it could be safer without it. Anybody have an all electric rig? Or is this just an experiment or fad that will fade away. Any and all viewpoints much appreciated. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even consider it. The technology is still just too young.
Old 01-23-2022, 08:16 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
What? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
Old 01-23-2022, 08:34 PM   #48

Tiffin Owners Club
We have had an all electric coach for four years. We love it as we never have to check the propane gage. We heat with two electric fireplaces, heated floors and Aquahot. In the coldest of weather there is zero fluctuation of our interior temperature. We have a 150 gallon diesel tank so we never stand a chance of running out of heating fuel. The Aquahot system uses very little fuel. We can run it for a week and the fuel use only about 2% of our tank. The stove top is a Wolf Induction. It will boil water in just minutes and cooks very well. We are pleased with our choice.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:44 PM   #49

LP or All Electric

We have LP but never turn it on. We use only electric, and do great with it. If I needed the gas I would surely use it, but I really do feel like it is a contributing factor in the cause of fires. JMHO MOMCAT
Old 01-23-2022, 11:01 PM   #50

While I understand the issue of global warming, I think ‘all electric’ is silly until we actually have the capacity to be ALL electric. Until then, I feel that heating anything with electric is a waste. Fossil Fuels are best at one thing: heating; to do anything with fossil fuel you have to burn it and heat something.

I hear a lot of people saying ‘our diesel heater keeps our all electric coach warm’. Guess what? You aren’t all electric! Electric stoves/Ovens use silly amount of electricity, and
Old 01-24-2022, 12:22 AM   #51

Country Coach Owners Club
A diesel furnace makes all the same noise that a propane furnace does, and it uses a lot of power. At least mine does.
I spent a week parked in front of my Sons house with only 15amps available. Never would have made it on all electric, with the diesel furnace. That thing has 2 water pumps, 3 fans, and the furnace burning power.
I also have a propane furnace for when dry camping; it uses one tenth the battery that the diesel uses. Even with my 800 amp LiFePo, I have to conserve till I get solar.
Ed
Old 01-24-2022, 03:16 AM   #52

Electric Rv's

Hi All,

Is there any rvs yet made thats all electric?
If so what make are they ?.

Jason from the UK.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:52 AM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Talking

Well, everybody has their preferences, our previous coach was all-electric, never understood why I need a giant fridge in an RV, how much food do you really need to carry around? We like to cook on gas love our 4 doors Norcold don't like the Propane for the fridge, so converted fridge to the JC compressor system to us it's now perfect, however, if you full time staying at one location
for a long time plugged in, a residential fridge may be better then.
Just my 5 cents....
Old 01-24-2022, 07:06 AM   #54

It took a little getting used to our all electric Renegade Verona but I would never go back to propane. The pros; safer, quiet furnace, endless hot water, uses very little diesel to power aquahot and generator. The negs (only if not plugged in); more thoughtful about conserving battery and boondocking. You need to understand how your rig is set up to power AC appliances, plugs etc. Our invertor does not power high amp stuff like air conditioning, cooktop, microwave, etc. We have 400mah AGM battery pack and can go about 36 hours powering heat, lights, residential frig, TV and satellite. We plan to upgrade to LI batteries before our Alaska trip next year so I should be able to boondock about 3 days before recharging batteries. I do not have solar. We have learned to conserve water by how we wash dishes, shower etc. and now we also conserve the battery capacity too. I carry a camp stove and propane grill to do most of our cooking on when we are not plugged in. You can still manage to run all your appliances on generator and charge up batteries as needed. We have full control of everything through the Firefly including auto-on generator if batteries need charging and interior air temperature needs air conditioning while we are away from the coach. I would never to back to propane.
Old 01-24-2022, 07:19 AM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Our coach is one of the earlier (2007) AE. It came with an electric RV fridge that we replaced with a Residential. We would never go back to an RVF. It also came with 6 batteries which I upgraded to 8 T-105's and recently 8 AGM's. If we're prudent, we can go 24 hours before reaching 50% SOC. We dry camp a lot in NF, BLM's. It's our preferred method of camping. The holding tanks are the limititing factor, not the electric. Having 150 gallons of diesel is a secure feeling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3587.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	492.0 KB
ID:	354595   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3702.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	498.9 KB
ID:	354596  

2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Old 01-24-2022, 07:39 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereck.po View Post
A diesel furnace makes all the same noise that a propane furnace does, and it uses a lot of power. At least mine does.
I spent a week parked in front of my Sons house with only 15amps available. Never would have made it on all electric, with the diesel furnace. That thing has 2 water pumps, 3 fans, and the furnace burning power.
I also have a propane furnace for when dry camping; it uses one tenth the battery that the diesel uses. Even with my 800 amp LiFePo, I have to conserve till I get solar.
Ed
Ed, if you can live for a week with only a 15 amp extension cord, that’s great. For most of us, that 15 amps won’t keep the converter going to charge the batteries to power the lights.
I’ve been there with a large toy hauler that used propane and although it was ok, I didn’t like it. Always going for refills. I have followed some of the other forums and many who have propane heat are retrofitting with electric furnaces. But to each, his own. However, I think there should be 2 or more options for everything and that’s healthy.
I feel for the parts of the country that don’t have enough electricity. But that’s not my fault. If humans would get out of the way, free enterprise would provide. Remember the television ads from years ago when electricity companies were asking us to change to electric, the “clean energy”. Well, my RV is all electric and it’s nice. Have a good one.
Closed Thread

Tags
class a, electric