Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #29

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
You'll find the folks at Fleetwood customer relations are above expectations. Personally I've never encountered any major leaks with FW class A MH,s. I've owned several and presently own a 42M. Plumbing and wiring diagrams are easily obtainable thru FW in PDF form. Above all FW/AC focus on RIVA electrical standards in their manufacturing process. The suggestions as to tranny and engine oil analysis are a must. Personally I would not take the privately owned MH to a dealer for survey. Most times they will bad mouth the product and try to work you into a MH on the lot. That's how they make a living! Find the Cummins Care Center or a Freightliner chassis shop, not all shops are equal so check their reviews and speak with MH owners in your area or heavy equipment operators to get their opinions where to have your survey and evaluation completed. Above all practice extreme due diligence or as in my case not following this practice will certainly drain your wallet! Best of luck the search is fun.
Test
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #30

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
Ihave had four American Coach's, the Factory support at the Rally's is incredible. This is very important. No matter how old the coach is the labor is free! Special rates on parts also. This is only at the rally's. The Tech line is very helpful as well and also free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiethco View Post
Chuck,
I'm in the same boat. I'm looking at late 90's American Eagles, Allegro Bus, Holiday Rambler, Monaco's.
I'm down to a 96 Eagle. I just looked at a 98 Holiday Endeavor last weekend.
Out of all the coaches listed above, I found the American Eagle to be the best featured, highest quality and held up the best over the years. I crawled under, over and inside of all these coaches. Some of the differences were subtle, like clean wiring or convenience features. The Eagle has 110,000 miles on it but with a diesel that's not an issue, my diesel mechanic friends have told me this so the care during those miles is important.
I've looked from California to Texas and I'm sold on the Eagle, your mileage may vary, good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
You'll find the folks at Fleetwood customer relations are above expectations. Personally I've never encountered any major leaks with FW class A MH,s. I've owned several and presently own a 42M. Plumbing and wiring diagrams are easily obtainable thru FW in PDF form. Above all FW/AC focus on RIVA electrical standards in their manufacturing process. The suggestions as to tranny and engine oil analysis are a must. Personally I would not take the privately owned MH to a dealer for survey. Most times they will bad mouth the product and try to work you into a MH on the lot. That's how they make a living! Find the Cummins Care Center or a Freightliner chassis shop, not all shops are equal so check their reviews and speak with MH owners in your area or heavy equipment operators to get their opinions where to have your survey and evaluation completed. Above all practice extreme due diligence or as in my case not following this practice will certainly drain your wallet! Best of luck the search is fun.
I am still trying to learn how to post. The only one I can do well is with the quote. Thanks for the good advice. I will not take it to the dealer -at least not the same dealer.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #31
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck in PA View Post
I am still trying to learn how to post. The only one I can do well is with the quote. Thanks for the good advice. I will not take it to the dealer -at least not the same dealer.
Here ya go. Hope this helps

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Forget all this stuff. If both coaches are well cared for and look good, (no rust, no rot, no delam), and they both have good maintenance records. Buy them on that makes your heart sing, the one that gets your blood flowing, the one that fits your eye!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #33

Spartan Chassis
Thank you. I appreciate the info.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #34

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Forget all this stuff. If both coaches are well cared for and look good, (no rust, no rot, no delam), and they both have good maintenance records. Buy them on that makes your heart sing, the one that gets your blood flowing, the one that fits your eye!
HaHa good advice I,m sure. I was starting to stress out over all this.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #35

Spartan Chassis
Thanks to all. Because of this forum I checked & both are Cummins 330 up & the American Dream is on a Spartan chassis. I am back looking for a mechanic.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #36

Spartan Chassis
Well I finally decided on the American Dream. I gave a deposit & will pick it up on Friday. The Allegro Bus was nice but the better half & I decided the American Dream had been better cared for. I guess you pay your money & take your chances but with all the good advice I received from this forum I think I was able to make an informed decision. Thank you all who responded to my posts. Never having had one before, I may have more questions. I am looking forward to participating on this forum. Thanks again to all.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck in PA View Post
Well I finally decided on the American Dream. I gave a deposit & will pick it up on Friday. The Allegro Bus was nice but the better half & I decided the American Dream had been better cared for. I guess you pay your money & take your chances but with all the good advice I received from this forum I think I was able to make an informed decision. Thank you all who responded to my posts. Never having had one before, I may have more questions. I am looking forward to participating on this forum. Thanks again to all.
Congrats on your decision. Now, you have to post some pics when you get it.

Wishing you many happy and safe miles in your Dream.