Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2019, 07:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
From what I've seen here in California and Nevada they are usually cheaper than other major brands in the area. We have always had positive experiences with them and will continue to support them.

Right, gas prices here on the Central Coast of California range from $3.70 to $4.00+ per gallon. I wouldn’t complain about not getting a free glass of OJ and paying $2.20 per gallon. But if they offered a free beer and didn’t come through in some of the hot southern states; I might say something.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2019, 07:52 PM   #16
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrcris View Post
Forget the free glass of juice, I can't believe that there are still people out there buying the myth of "bad diesel" as a reason to get gored on fuel prices from the PFJ.
Myth? Apparently you have never had microbial growth in a fuel tank. I had it from a gas station. My car didn't make it around the corner to my house. When I worked in corporate aviation we used Biobor in our jet fuel tanks to keep it away. If you want things to get very quiet very fast experience contaminated fuel.

Properly maintained tanks and systems are fine. If they're the cheapest it may be because they're skimping and not because they're more efficient with their operations.

Ray
Old 08-29-2019, 07:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
I'm going to take wild guess that you didn't research the links I previously posted.

If I-10 Exit 70 is Mossy Head, FL, then here's what I found for diesel:

Raceway - 2.89 per gallon
TSD discount program at Love's - 2.523 per gallon

I don't care what your app says.

I live here and I fill up here 2-3x/week.
I know who has the cheapest gas & diesel as I use both in my vehicles.

Tootles.
Oversoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandl2 View Post
Specifically went to PFJ today to take advantage of their app offer (free OJ) that they emailed to us earlier this week. Spent over 100 dollars for diesel even though cheaper stations were in the area. Went into store were I was told they don’t honor the app offers since they are not a company store. Called PFJ guest relations who told me that not all of their branded stations have to honor the app offers. When asked how to find which stations are company owned- was first told to go to each station and ask. Real practical! Later told this information was available on app and website. If this info is there it is not easily found. Just another reason not to go to PFJ.
Really????
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:47 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBeaver View Post
I don't like them because of the fueling lanes are filthy. The entire ground is soaked in diesel and I have to put in a ton of effort to find enough clean spots as to not track that filth into my RV....

More total nonsense.
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:31 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Traveler View Post
More total nonsense.

X2...
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:54 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oversoul View Post
I don't care what your app says.

I live here and I fill up here 2-3x/week.
I know who has the cheapest gas & diesel as I use both in my vehicles.

Tootles.
I don't believe I said anything about an app. What I said, and provided a link to, was a diesel fuel discount program offered by TSD Logistics in Texarkana, TX.

This program has nothing to do with the retail price displayed at the Love's truck stop. The following is a portion of the price list that is sent out daily. I chose FL with Mossy Head highlighted so you can see the actual pricing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Loves FL.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	258475  
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:07 AM   #22

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I don't believe I said anything about an app. What I said, and provided a link to, was a diesel fuel discount program offered by TSD Logistics in Texarkana, TX.

This program has nothing to do with the retail price displayed at the Love's truck stop. The following is a portion of the price list that is sent out daily. I chose FL with Mossy Head highlighted so you can see the actual pricing.
Bob,

I'm reminded of the old saying "you can lead a horse to water....". The TSD card is a great way to save money on diesel.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:29 AM   #23

Quote:

I just drove by.
Raceway $2.83
Loves $3.14

I'd take a picture if i thought it would help but really, what's the point.

I have way more important things to do today.

Tootles.

PS. Even at your "club" pricing.....it's no bargain.
Many other fuel stations here have diesel for $2.55, so really, where's your great savings!!!
Old 08-30-2019, 07:39 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oversoul View Post
I just drove by.
Raceway $2.83
Loves $3.14

I'd take a picture if i thought it would help but really, what's the point.

I have way more important things to do today.

Tootles.

PS. Even at your "club" pricing.....it's no bargain.
Many other fuel stations here have diesel for $2.55, so really, where's your great savings!!!
No one is doubting the posted prices. There are trucking companies out there that are making their discount cards available for RV'ers with diesels. That is what the links are pointing you to. Very long discussion going on still, but have not seen any negative posts from anyone that is actually using it. The card would save you 31 cents/gal over Raceway.
TenMillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:44 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenMillie View Post
No one is doubting the posted prices. There are trucking companies out there that are making their discount cards available for RV'ers with diesels. That is what the links are pointing you to. Very long discussion going on still, but have not seen any negative posts from anyone that is actually using it. The card would save you 31 cents/gal over Raceway.

I understand.
I also understand that both Raceway & Loves are priced higher than all the other fuel stations because they are right at the exit.
Anyone driving one mile further can get Love's "discounted" rate at a number of fueling places without joining a club & having to seek out a specific fueling place.

I filled up this morning for $2.55 with no app, club, or anything special.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:46 AM   #26

Nor'easters Club
For those of us that don’t have a 26’ rig and can’t fit in a Raceway, or want to use a 20 gallon per minute pump because we have 100-200 gallon tanks, the discount program is a huge saver.
If I had a small RV, I’d use a small station too....
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:15 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRon View Post
For those of us that don’t have a 26’ rig and can’t fit in a Raceway, or want to use a 20 gallon per minute pump because we have 100-200 gallon tanks, the discount program is a huge saver.
If I had a small RV, I’d use a small station too....

Agreed. In those circumstances, it makes sense. But then again, you're not getting any special rate..... they're just not screwing you as badly as they screw everyone else who doesn't drive that extra mile.
The point is, the fuel companies are going to get their due......and apps, clubs, & gimmicks merely make the screw job easier for people to take.

Stay well.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:01 AM   #28

I also find the ground is very often soaked in diesel at Loves, PFJ, and a lot of the big stations.

I've seen where they have a lane closed and a guy pressure washing and cleaning things up too. So they try, but they often can't keep up with the volume they do 24/7.

I have no issue going to whatever is close to where I am when I need fuel. I'm at 42' plus a F250 supercrew. I'll go into pretty much any station if I can see I can make it. The F250 just follows where the bus goes so it really isn't a big deal. I do like the high volume pumps at truck stops.

In WI and midwest Kwik Trip with truck pumps is my go to fill up stop.

I don't like to pay more for the same thing as across the street, the TSD card looks like a good deal for when you do stop at those stations. Can anyone confirm that it will pump a full tank without stopping at $100-$125?