Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2022, 10:16 PM   #1

Another TSD card question

Can the TSD card be used to activate the pump at truck stops, even if the truck stop is not in the discount network?

Another question: does anyone know why you canít typically activate the pumps at truck stops using your credit card? I really donít like leaving my card at the fuel desk.

David
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2022, 10:54 PM   #2

TSD is a WEX based card. Any station that takes WEX cards should accept TSD. https://www.wexinc.com/solutions/fle...ex-fleet-card/

https://myopenroads.com/faq%2Freviews

Where does your card work?
All major truck stop but we only get a discount at certain location. Be sure to refer to the Open Roads app to look for in-network fuel stops.

You will be charged $1 to use out of network stations. I use mine out of network over 50% of the time because I can find better pricing on fuel a 2 regional locations that I know of. I have dual tanks that hold 275 gallons so I always fill at commercial lanes and always with TSD.

The reason you can not activate the commercial pumps with your credit card is they are not hooked to the system that does that. Just like your TSD card will not work at the pumps in front of the station.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 06:56 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The TSD card has also a Transaction fee, typically $.65 & reimbursement fee that varies, usually $2 to $5 range.
The pump first asks a ton of questions, like do you want DEF, cash advance etc that truckers may need.

The "Open Roads" app shows the pump price, TSD price & transaction fee but not reimbursement fee. On a recent trip the TSD price at TA was $1.05/gallon lower than pump price. But once I got the statement, there was $8.00 reimbursement fee. That turned out to be about $.11/gal. Love's across the freeway with TSD discount would have still been a lot more.

The savings may not be quite what you might expect but it sure is convenient to pay at the pump.
Old 07-16-2022, 12:59 PM   #4

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just a thought. When using your card at clerk desk. just aim high on your estimate of fuel to be pumped... Once done filling up theres no need to go back in to clerk as you will only get charged the pumped amount ...... Not your "hold amount"
Old 07-16-2022, 08:55 PM   #5
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Two times using T/A (My Preferred) at pump price of $200+ I got a $40 discount. Once at the pump price $165 I got a $19 discount. Last fill-up at T/A was pump price of $211 and my price with the TSD Card was $182 a $32 savings. Dont ask me why he math isn't right but that is what my invoice says.

T/A, in my opinion, has the best discount.

If you use the commercial truck lanes the TSD card can start the pump after you enter the information requested. When finished I take a picture of the pump price get in the MH and drive away.

Edit: Just checked in my last 4 fill-ups at T/A, and the TSD Card discounted me $138
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 08:55 AM   #6

TSD is flat out awesome

Download the TA TruckSmart App then you can add your TSD card from Settings --≥ Fleet Payment. This will let you start the pump without swiping your TSD card - useful if card is misplaced.
Old 07-17-2022, 10:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Two times using T/A (My Preferred) at pump price of $200+ I got a $40 discount. Once at the pump price $165 I got a $19 discount. Last fill-up at T/A was pump price of $211 and my price with the TSD Card was $182 a $32 savings. Dont ask me why he math isn't right but that is what my invoice says.

Edit: Just checked in my last 4 fill-ups at T/A, and the TSD Card discounted me $138
What do you mean the "the math isn't right"?
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:52 AM   #8
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwcid View Post
What do you mean the "the math isn't right"?

Ha ha! Let's see, $211-$182 = 29 but my discount was $32. It's just easier to subtract pump price from total discount than figure in the other reimbursements.

This is what the invoice looks like but not with black blob.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TSD.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	371339  
Old 07-18-2022, 01:19 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have used my TSD card a couple times at stations that do not give a discount. Yes they charge a small fee. I think a couple of bucks. The advantage is I did not have to go in or put my credit card in three or four times.

Filled up and kept rolling.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 02:04 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Ha ha! Let's see, $211-$182 = 29 but my discount was $32. It's just easier to subtract pump price from total discount than figure in the other reimbursements.

This is what the invoice looks like but not with black blob.

Looks like your missing a line
Mine has another line below the one you show that is the discount amount line before fees .
Transaction fee and reimbursement fee ( the 10% of the savings amount on the line you donít show) . The transaction fee .65 - the 10% fee are subtracted from the total savings from pump. I agree itís not orderly but itís all there.
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 05:45 PM   #11
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
All my lines are there on the invoice.
All the "minus something" is 215.28 and minus 182.97 is 32.58 but the pump price of 211.40 minus the 182.97 is 28.43.

So instead of all the math it is just safer to say, "Punp price is 211.40 and discount was 32.31 and I'm just going to leave it at that.

I was just giving a picture of the process. I do not have a discount before process line.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwcid View Post
TSD is a WEX based card. Any station that takes WEX cards should accept TSD. https://www.wexinc.com/solutions/fle...ex-fleet-card/

Where does your card work?
All major truck stop but we only get a discount at certain location. Be sure to refer to the Open Roads app to look for in-network fuel stops.

You will be charged $1 to use out of network stations. I use mine out of network over 50% of the time because I can find better pricing on fuel a 2 regional locations that I know of. I have dual tanks that hold 275 gallons so I always fill at commercial lanes and always with TSD.

I wonder if anyone can answer this.

Do you get the discount shown on the EFS/WEX card app if that location is no longer listed on the open roads app.

example: I have used a quick fill local to me that was listed on the open roads app until recently.

The EFS/WEX app shows that location and a discount off the retail price.

So if I go to that location, I know the card will work, I know I will have to pay an out of network fee, but will i get the discount shown on the EFS app or will I be charged Retail?

If you know?
Old 09-27-2022, 08:10 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftodaro View Post
I wonder if anyone can answer this.

Do you get the discount shown on the EFS/WEX card app if that location is no longer listed on the open roads app.

example: I have used a quick fill local to me that was listed on the open roads app until recently.

The EFS/WEX app shows that location and a discount off the retail price.

So if I go to that location, I know the card will work, I know I will have to pay an out of network fee, but will i get the discount shown on the EFS app or will I be charged Retail?

If you know?

I recently went to a TA location which wasnít listed in Open Roads, and yes, I received the price shown on the ďcard controlĒ (EFS) app

Of course now that I check it again days later, it is listed in Open RoadsÖso donít know if it was a glitch they corrected, or it was just added. I do know I have used the card at a station last year with no discount just because it was convenient to do so, and no other good choices in the area. I did receive the price listed on EFS and still thought it wasnít too bad. I was charged the $1 out of network fee, but still no biggie in the grand scheme.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 08:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I recently went to a TA location which wasnít listed in Open Roads, and yes, I received the price shown on the ďcard controlĒ (EFS) app

Of course now that I check it again days later, it is listed in Open RoadsÖso donít know if it was a glitch they corrected, or it was just added. I do know I have used the card at a station last year with no discount just because it was convenient to do so, and no other good choices in the area. I did receive the price listed on EFS and still thought it wasnít too bad. I was charged the $1 out of network fee, but still no biggie in the grand scheme.

Thanks I did email TSD but they have not responded yet. My concern about calling TSD is they may not know what the EFS folks will or will not do, but i will post what I learn from a call.

Your email is helpful, i will go fill up and see. My guess is that the discount on the EFS app is a bit higher than what is shown on other cross over locations but I would think if the EFS app shows a station with a location that billing would be sent to TSD and then TSD adds their fees to it.

I will up date this.