Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2016, 10:23 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Any 1996 Holiday Rambler Endevor LE owners out there?

I just purchased a 96 HR and would like to see if anybody else that has one would like to tell me what they think of theirs. Aldo what problems to look out for. I think I made a good choice and paid bought it at a good price. I am new to the rv scene and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
d_elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2016, 06:07 AM   #2

Have had a '97 (virtually a twin to the '96) for a few years now, and it's treated us right. As it's obviously getting older, and we still use it for cross country travel, we keep a pretty good eye on it. We're careful with it's maintenance requirements - scheduled and non scheduled.

Regarding non scheduled, our roof is inspected twice a year (spring and fall), and most of the windows have been removed and reinstalled. Regarding the roof, ours, and a couple of others I know of, have a gap in each corner where the roof metal meets the front and rear caps. You can't just run screws through it as it's necessary to allow expansion and contraction with weather changes. Seam tape is how we deal with it. Works great, but you do need to keep an eye on it as water getting in there is going to end up in your sidewall.

Bigger point is, when it comes to maintenance on these older rigs, you can't assume anything if you want it to last. The "it'll be alright" attitude is going to use the coach up quickly.

Congrats on your purchase! Most Endeavor owners love them.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:40 AM   #3

We have a 94 that we have loved for 10 years, still do. My bet is that you will love yours also. This forum is a wealth of good info from great people who will help you out every chance they get. Good Luck, HarveyP

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:40 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
Have had a '97 (virtually a twin to the '96) for a few years now, and it's treated us right. As it's obviously getting older, and we still use it for cross country travel, we keep a pretty good eye on it. We're careful with it's maintenance requirements - scheduled and non scheduled.

Regarding non scheduled, our roof is inspected twice a year (spring and fall), and most of the windows have been removed and reinstalled. Regarding the roof, ours, and a couple of others I know of, have a gap in each corner where the roof metal meets the front and rear caps. You can't just run screws through it as it's necessary to allow expansion and contraction with weather changes. Seam tape is how we deal with it. Works great, but you do need to keep an eye on it as water getting in there is going to end up in your sidewall.

Bigger point is, when it comes to maintenance on these older rigs, you can't assume anything if you want it to last. The "it'll be alright" attitude is going to use the coach up quickly.

Congrats on your purchase! Most Endeavor owners love them.
Thank you for the reply and sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I have been busy taking your advise. I had a small leak in the radiator so i took it out and took apart the whole front of the engine to replace the water pump, belt, hoses, pulley, and there are some O-rings on a oil cooler that have some seepage so i will take care of that too. I know I have a well built coach but it is 20 years old so I want it gone threw so I can make sure when I go somewhere it enjoyable instead of a headache. I can't afford a new or newer one and prefer to have something paid for so this is what i have purchased. I am confident it still has many years of enjoyment in it as long as its maintained. I hope to be out on the road soon and only stopping because I choose to.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:47 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyP View Post
We have a 94 that we have loved for 10 years, still do. My bet is that you will love yours also. This forum is a wealth of good info from great people who will help you out every chance they get. Good Luck, HarveyP
Thank you for the reply. I hope I can enjoy mine for years to come as well. Since I purchased it I spend more time in and around it than I do in the house even tho it just in the driveway. Friends and family come over and everyone want to see the inside and then that is where we end up sitting down and staying just talking. I really enjoy it so far. I am looking forward to being a part of this site for any help I might be able to get and as I learn about my coach I can also help others.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:58 PM   #6

96 holiday rambler

i have owned mine for more then 10 years its on a Freightliner chassis, i am having electrical issues that just dont seem to go away, the previous owner didnt service the roof and three times now i have had the cap pop loose 2 x on drivers side 1x on passenger, please take care of the roof!!
besides a few things its been good and has now 135k miles my wife and i just got back from a week long vacation and it was trouble free ...
But did find a water leak on the pex line from the shower easy fix,...
good luck with yours its and adventure for sure!!!
drive805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:27 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
We have a 1995 and it runs like a champ. We are the third owner of the unit if we count the dealer who purchased it from the original owner. The inside is in need of some updating but the motor, chassis and all mechanical things work good. The roof is in great shape and everything has been fine. We have replaced all batteries and in the near future will replace all of the tires. We have been to Texas twice and Florida once. We have owned the unit 2 years and we are still learning.
Fordiesel250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday rambler