Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2023, 03:12 PM   #1

Any experience with Overland Insurance Services on RVs

My yearly insurance premium on my 2015 4018 Dutch Star diesel is coming up in February, which I currently have with Hartford and was wondering if anyone has any price or claims experience with Overland? Saw their ad in recent fall Freightliner RV Soul magazine.

$3,097/yearly seems a little steep for Liability 250,000/500,000/100,000 and 1,000 deductible on Comp and Collision with disappearing deductible with Hartford.
Medical and Uninsured Motorist is also included but premium only amounts to $72 for both. The fact that the coach sets on a concrete pad in back yard from October to April or May doesn't make any difference with Hartford.

Would be interested in any comments, or maybe any better insurance company. Thank you.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2023, 03:41 PM   #2

As far as I know, there is no "Overland" that is an actual insurance company or carrier that has underwriters. There are two agencies or brokerages I know of that have Overland in their name.

An insurance agency or brokerage will write a policy for you using one of the insurance companies such as Progressive, Travelers, Foremost, Allstate, etc., etc.

There is an agency named Overland Insurance in Perham Minnesota. There is also a separate agency called Overland Insurance Services in Queen Creek Arizona that specializes in RV insurance which I will guess you are referring to?

Both are brokerages or agencies. If you are in fact you are referring to Overland Insurance Services in Arizona, they do write policies for Progressive, National General (now part of Allstate), Nationwide, Foremost, Safeco and a few others.

Will you get good service from them as an agent? Maybe, maybe not but let's see what others say who have used them. Again, if you go through them, you'll most likely end up with a Progressive, Foremost, National General policy and will ultimately be insured by that carrier and will have to deal with claims and other services that originate from that carrier. The agent or broker, of course, can assist you in dealing with the carrier, however.

Overland Insurance Services, quotes - Queen Creek Arizona

Overland Insurance Services Google Reviews
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 06:54 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We used Overland in AZ. They put us with Safeco and helped with our claim.
soundsuperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 07:12 PM   #4

Overland IS an Insurnace Broker which will get quotes from numerous Ins Companies

I like using a Broker.........multiple quotes/apples to apples coverage

I also shop around every year for Ins Quotes
*I have no loyalty to one company anymore.....use to be loyalty/repeat customers meant something

Hartford has been good and have been with them longest cause they haven't played games with premiums
But doesn't stop me from LOOKING (getting new quotes)
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 08:50 PM   #5

All the ad shows is an 800 number, no address. Bet you'all are right, they are just a broker.. Ad says "get a free RV insurance quote online", so may try that first. Hope they will let you know who the quote comes from.
Appreciate the information.
Old 01-03-2023, 09:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
My yearly insurance premium on my 2015 4018 Dutch Star diesel is coming up in February, which I currently have with Hartford and was wondering if anyone has any price or claims experience with Overland? Saw their ad in recent fall Freightliner RV Soul magazine.

$3,097/yearly seems a little steep for Liability 250,000/500,000/100,000 and 1,000 deductible on Comp and Collision with disappearing deductible with Hartford.
Medical and Uninsured Motorist is also included but premium only amounts to $72 for both. The fact that the coach sets on a concrete pad in back yard from October to April or May doesn't make any difference with Hartford.

Would be interested in any comments, or maybe any better insurance company. Thank you.
You may want to check with Good Sam insurance agency. They allow you to put your unit in storage and while it’s in storage, it saves you $125 a month on collision and liability.
Country Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 09:34 PM   #7

Quote:
All the ad shows is an 800 number, no address. Bet you'all are right, they are just a broker.. Ad says "get a free RV insurance quote online", so may try that first. Hope they will let you know who the quote comes from.
Appreciate the information.
My apologies, that link I gave personally now appears to be corrupt.

I remember attempting to get a quote from them quite a few years ago, over ten years ago. My notes say they never followed up. That could have been because they were a newer agency back then? ...not sure.

It appears they may be running their business in a residential area possibly out of their home(?) but nowadays, most transacting can be done over the phone and digitally with docusign, etc. so there's probably no need to actually visit the business.

But I suppose if you are in the area and wanted to do business face-to-face and you're in the Phoenix area, their address is:

18842 E Via del Oro
Queen Creek, AZ

Google street view

(800) 677-4027 or (480) 994-9584

agency@rvins.com

owner: Ron Jarvie

And yes, any agent will tell you which carrier they are quoting. They may give you a quote from several carriers such as Progressive and Safeco, as an example, depending on what your needs might be as agents will usually attempt to tailor a policy to come as close to what you've told them you're looking for.

If you are looking for a broker (agency) and are not impressed with Overland, another popular agency that specializes in RV insurance that has been mentioned for years here on the forum is Miller in Lake Oswego Oregon and they are also licensed in very state. Cheryl Howarth runs the agency now and will assure you receive good service. I remember her stepping in when I had a difficult problem that was hung up getting solved and she quickly resolved it.

Miller Insurance Agency Inc.

(503) 636-6347

Some, as the post above, like to use Good Sam as an agent and are pleased but I prefer smaller places like Miller and possibly Overland for more personal service in times where issues can be resolved more efficiently, if you should have one.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 05:43 AM   #8

We have been using Overland Insurance as our agent for many years. They are great to work with. They answer the phone when I call and are very knowledgible. Currently National General is our carrier.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdnash View Post
We have been using Overland Insurance as our agent for many years. They are great to work with. They answer the phone when I call and are very knowledgible. Currently National General is our carrier.
Do you use Overland in Arizona or Minnesota.? Phone number?
Old 01-14-2023, 04:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Do you use Overland in Arizona or Minnesota.? Phone number?
Overland Insurance Services, Queen Creek, Az. 800-677-4027, 480-9994-9584.
Old 01-21-2023, 02:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdnash View Post
Overland Insurance Services, Queen Creek, Az. 800-677-4027, 480-9994-9584.
Thanks, will give them a call. So far 2 of my lowest quotes got there by using lower Liability coverage (even some of these fancy larger PUs that might get torn up can run over $70,000) and higher deductibles on Comp and Collision. Guess it just depends on how much the customer (owner) wants to assume on their own.
Much food for thought.

Tags
insurance, rvs, service