Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Any experience with PPL Motorhome Consignment

Got an email today from PPL Motorhomes saying they "need" used RVs. Furhter stated they sell over !00 used RVs per week, hence the urgent need. Any experience with PPL Motorhomes and their consignment/selling process. Their charge is 10% of the selling price with a minimum of $1492.
dmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #2

Looked at PPL site alot when shopping for DP, they had a Navigator I wanted but were not much help in the way of financing. Found my DP at a dealer in Dallas that was very helpful. I would try them again on next DP, they do have/sell alot of units.
KC
Clonetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
They get a lot of traffic and move a lot of RVs. Maybe 50 a month, but not 100 a week.

They run a consignment special that they will do a FREE $500.00 clean up and detail with a consignment. You might ask them.

We had tried to sell our 14 year old Avion with no luck and they sold it in 3 or 4 weeks for high retail.

They shop rate for repairs on a sold unit are a bit on the high side. make sure EVERYTHING is working before you take it in. I got hit for close to $200.00 to diagnose and replace a tail lamp and clean the frig burner. OUCH. Make sure they detail all repairs before you agree to them.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:03 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I keep checking their site, looking at the DP but then again reading the info on deposits and showing the low downon the RV, naa, but I find I keep going back to it.
$200.00 for a tail light, and clean a burner,,,, thats alot of money, way to much
Old 05-13-2010, 08:44 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We looked there several times. I appreciate the no pressure sales team and from my experience they don't push one unit over another.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #6

They have a lot of units on the lot and no new units to compete. No pressure when you go to look. They hand you a map and a listing of what is on the lot. Look to your heart's content with no one hovering over you.

From a buyers perspective they made finding the coach we wanted much easier between the very good web site and the ability to go over the unit for hours on our own.

From a seller's persective, it works but...you have to do it thier way. Our unit had sat on the lot for about 3 months. During that time the windshield got cracked. We would not take it that way. In the end the seller paid for it. $3500 although he may have had his insurance take care of it.

They did have a few banks and other lenders to work with but nothing spectacular. We ended up paying cash. The transaction went smoothly although it took weeks to close. After the sale, the parts department has been great and the discount offered to RV buyers makes thier already pretty good pricing even better.

As a buyer, I would not hesitate to go back and look or buy. As a seller, Id try selling myself first (I did actually and sold my old coach in less than 24hrs on Craig's List) but would consider them if having trouble moving the RV. They have quite an internet marketing thing going.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #7

An old friend of mine sold and purchased from PPL, He said it was an awsome experience. If I lived there I would consider sellling mine and purchasing one again.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:04 PM   #8

I bought an 2001 Monaco Executive from them and they were very easy to work with, arranged financing and all. Checked the unit out and replaced a couple of things I wouldn't have known about until I used it for a while. I would difinitely buy from them again but you need to know what you are looking at when selecting from their inventory.
Boiler Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #9

I would agree with that with so much inventory it can become overwhelming
Old 05-18-2010, 06:19 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
perhaps I should take another look at this program, as I did sign up for there email and enjoy looking at the units out there.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:02 AM   #11

I looked at them before I bought my last unit. Super nice folks and a great selection to choose from. No pressure sales. You can spend all day there and never talk to a sales rep. End the end, I decide to buy new, but I would certainly consider them if or when I buy again. Also they have a great parts sales department.
W5DOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
There are a number of folks in our FMCA club who have bought and/or sold at PPL. They have a good reputation. I have bought parts there, but never bought or sold an RV.

If someone is in the market for a coach (or fifth wheel), it is a great place to go just to get familiar with dozens and dozens of different units, all in one place, whether you buy anything or not. Everything is consignment. These days, a lot of the coaches are repos, or so I've been told.

Can't speak to their service, but their store is pretty good for parts and accessories.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote