Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2017, 05:36 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Any Experience with RV Renovators Mesa Az

Annie and I met with Jim at RV Renovators in Mesa, AZ yesterday to discuss some improvements to our 2008 Bounder. Flooring, replacing the Norcold with a residential, reupholstery of our captains chairs, sofa and love seat.

Despite the coach being in Casa Grande and all of us being in Mesa - Jim was willing to sit down with us, discuss our options, take a fat pencil to it to be on the safe side and was nice to work with. He emailed a more formal estimate today.

So this is the place
http://rvrenovators.com/

Anyone every do business with them or suggest another in the Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler area...

More interested in Direct experience, but other recommendations welcome.

Thanks much.
Steve and Annie
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2017, 06:13 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I have spent a couple days with them. Replaced my windshield and a pump on my aquahot in January. I too worked with Jim, he was just fine, gave me a good price on time as planned good to work with etc.
I have an appointment with him next week to do some insurance body work that will take a week and a half. There has been just a little snafu in scheduling but if things go as planned I will be happy, if not well that will then be a different story. This is a pretty expensive deal and probably a very good money maker for them too.
Being a fulltime guy I will be staying on premise. Kinda noisy but I can deal with that.
On my last visit I talked to Monte, the owner, and he was a super guy. He left me feeling very positive about what to expect. I do believe I will get the service and quality job expected.
The research I have done on RV Renovators is mostly all positive. I will let you know later how my deal goes.

Steve
Old 03-08-2017, 06:24 PM   #3

We dour seats re-upholsteried by Palacios Upholstry Scottsdale AZ in Sept 2016. Quality work and reasonable pricing. We have a quote on replacing our tile/carpet which is also priced better than everywhere else we've checked
Talk to Jesse.... its his business and he'll treat you right
Cfyanes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We had extensive repair and upgrade work done a couple of months ago. They aren't cheap, but the work was complete and well done. The trim they created for the front TV is a perfect match for the surrounding cabinets. We also had them do the annual maintenance on the engine. The work took a couple of weeks longer than they estimated.
mike2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:58 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
wonder how much they charge for flooring?
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:15 PM   #6

I done had some fiberglass repair work done to the trailer by them and I was totally blown away by what a tremendous job the did! we looked at a couple of repair facilities and the thing we noticed immediately was the quality of the units at rv renovators. they work on high end units and they do a high end job. I could not recommend them any higher. there is another place we looked at called APR (I think) that is just down the road from rv renovators. I think they can do a good job also, but once we saw all the high end units at rv renovators it spoke for itself.
bigchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:22 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Ekberg View Post
Can't really say just yet Ernie. We don't have measurements, know what's under the existing floor all that stuff and I don't want say the ball park out loud.

They recommend going 3 doors down the road to this place.

http://www.mesasalesandsupply.com/home

And we can get it there or elsewhere.

I will let ya know - I wish we'd have gotten on your list when we left Plano and went full time in 2014. I wouldn't be asking about doing business with these folks...

I know you don't do tile anymore but do you know if Armstrong Luxury Vinyl Tile holds up?
Old 03-08-2017, 07:44 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchick View Post
I done had some fiberglass repair work done to the trailer by them and I was totally blown away by what a tremendous job the did! we looked at a couple of repair facilities and the thing we noticed immediately was the quality of the units at rv renovators. they work on high end units and they do a high end job. I could not recommend them any higher. there is another place we looked at called APR (I think) that is just down the road from rv renovators. I think they can do a good job also, but once we saw all the high end units at rv renovators it spoke for itself.
Well not that much has changed between then and yesterday. Sort of hard to judge with so many rigs crammed onto the lot. It's the busy time of the year. We're looking to drop off on April 1st and 2 weeks turn around +/- a day or two. Seems reasonable.

Glad you mentioned the bodywork. We're still carrying a few hail dents from 2015, the scratch on the slide trim that was there when we bought her and dings here and there. I did see they're approved by our insurance and a bunch of others.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:58 PM   #9

Just curious, but isn't going to Mesa this time of year to have elective work done on your RV like going to Sturgis in early August to have custom work done on a Harley?
Old 03-08-2017, 08:04 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
Just curious, but isn't going to Mesa this time of year to have elective work done on your RV like going to Sturgis in early August to have custom work done on a Harley?
And your point? Lol. I'd probably do that too. Been there the week before and the week after. That was close enough for me.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:12 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I seem to remember being told $150 linear foot.

I picked up a friends coach at RV Renovators that had the entry door replaced due to burglary damage. I closed the door and could see the pavement below from inside. The finish job on the trim failed inspection also. They fixed it but wasted my time with no apology. I picked it up the next day.

I'm associated with an RV club in the area. Many members love them and about an equal number have had a bad experience.

caveat emptor
Old 03-09-2017, 06:36 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
$150 a linear foot. I wonder how they arrived at that figure? I wonder if that includes labor and materials?
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:38 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
$150 a linear foot. I wonder how they arrived at that figure? I wonder if that includes labor and materials?
I can't answer that. They did a presentation at our club and that is the number floating around in my head, not a reliable thing.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:36 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
That's about the mark I was given. Which didn't include the flooring itself. There was no hrs x feet extension. Just a ballpark on 38 feet, 3 slides (1 that drops with carpet in it, bath and 1/2 and a new toilet riser.

Jim has been in the biz for 30 years and hadn't heard of you which surprised me a little. I know you have to waltz around here on pricing to keep with the rules but if you're interested, he'd probably talk to you. Just sayin.