Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I'm 47 and my partner in crime is 43. We haven't been made to feel any different due to our relative "youth and inexperience" by our fellow older RVer's that we have met while camping!
it's all good!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaming
If you're in SoCal this winter or between Sequioa and Tahoe this summer, give us a shout!
We're in the SW right now. Spending this week boondocking in Yuma and then heading to San Diego for a month. Should be a couple of other younger RVers in the area this winter. You anywhere close?
Old 12-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #59

We're currently at Santee Lakes (love it), about 14 miles east of San Diego until mid-March. I ran across your blog a couple weeks ago on here, I'd love to pour some adult beverages into you guys in return for long techie discussions about all things solar since we'll be taking the plunge shortly. Let us know when you'll be in the area!
roaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaming
We're currently at Santee Lakes (love it), about 14 miles east of San Diego until mid-March. I ran across your blog a couple weeks ago on here, I'd love to pour some adult beverages into you guys in return for long techie discussions about all things solar since we'll be taking the plunge shortly. Let us know when you'll be in the area!
Well well well...guess where we're staying in San Diego? Santee Lakes! We arrive on Sunday. Let's hook up there for sure!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #61

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
52 and 45 here....Young enough to do it...Old enough to know better
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #62

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
So.....I am intrigued (and jealous) for full timers at this age. So, Wheelingit, would you mind sharing what you do for a living? Not trying to be too personal, just love what you are doing
Old 12-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary1965
So.....I am intrigued (and jealous) for full timers at this age. So, Wheelingit, would you mind sharing what you do for a living? Not trying to be too personal, just love what you are doing
Sure. Actually we're pretty open about it on the blog. We're both frugal types and worked for ~15 years in the semiconductor industry saving most of our money. Hubby actively invests a portion of what we put aside during that time and manages to pay the RV bills that way. I do a bit of writing too (not much cash in it but a little bit comes thro). It helps the finances that our "kids" all have 4 paws
Old 12-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #64

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Both 41 and loving it.. Not fulltimers. Our 15yr old loves it too.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #65

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelingIt

Sure. Actually we're pretty open about it on the blog. We're both frugal types and worked for ~15 years in the semiconductor industry saving most of our money. Hubby actively invests a portion of what we put aside during that time and manages to pay the RV bills that way. I do a bit of writing too (not much cash in it but a little bit comes thro). It helps the finances that our "kids" all have 4 paws
Very cool! Thanks for sharing! Just found your blog......Good luck, and enjoy what we all love doing!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #66

I just turned 45 & dw is 48. We just got our first class A a couple months ago.
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #67

Try being 42 and a fultimer & retired, i have lots of adopted parents its fun seeing how some of them have good looking daughters
jeepstermog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:37 AM   #68

I know what you mean about camping world. We always seem to be the youngest folks there. We are both in our 40's.

I always seem to be doing things at a younger age. I owned a Goldwing in my early 30's. Talk about a crowd of old people!
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #69

I bought a GL1800 when I was 41.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
Im 44, have only owned the Dynasty for a year, use it to pull the race car mostly, but wish I'd bought it years ago. I know exactly what you mean. We were at a rest stop and had an older guy nosing around a bit, and I'm pretty sociable so we got talking. He asked "So how do you pay for something like that," which was a bit bold, my reply, lol, I pointed to my 21 year old son who was driving and said I don't, he's retired, it's his! Now that was a hoot, long blank stares from that one! I'm sure that sparked a few discussions around his campfire!