Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2016, 04:39 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Any problems with a '99 Monaco Dynasty 38?

The wife and I just fell in love with a '99 Monaco Dynasty 38. I believe it has a Cummins 330hp turbo with an Allison 5 speed trans. It's been stored indoors and only has 41k miles. Does anyone know of any problems with this year and model? I'm worried that I was wearing my rose colored glasses!
Scotialaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2016, 06:52 PM   #2

We bought a 1998 Dynasty 38ft with a single 16ft kitchen/couch slide, this time last year, and we are loving the hell out of it! Cummins 330 6cta 8.3l 6sp Allison, on a roadmaster rs3100 8bag suspension, had 71k miles when we bought it. If you ask me and your comfortable with the price, go for it, these Monaco dynasty's are incredibly solid build vehicles. There were minor repairs that I knew about when I bought it, but easy stuff for me to fix, new muffler, all filters, engine/trans/fuel/air dryer, fluids, replaced entry steps new laminate wood, kitchen faucet, showerhead, rebuild toilet, but like I said for me these are easy things to do.

We have put about 3000 miles on it, I tow a jeep cj7, average about 8-10mpg, more than enough power for my needs, just remember it's a 30klbs vehicle, so it won't be a rock ship. Check the date code on the tires! Big pill to swallow if you need to replace them right away
Old 11-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
The Dynasty is a great coach and if the floor plan works for you it's worth considering.

On any used coach maintenance records are important to make sure it's been taken care of. If it appears like it's been taken care of I'd still consider having a professional inspect it. I'd suggest getting oil samples analyzed from engine, generator, and transmission. Also coolant tested. It those pass then just make sure all the appliance work and the coach has no signs of leaks. Check DOT dates on tires, big expense if they are older then 6 years.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:17 PM   #4

I really like my '99 Windsor, but just remember it's a 17-year-old motorhome so lots of 17 year old things to keep working.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
mmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:37 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco Dynasty problems

Nice to hear the positive reviews of the Dynasty! Definitely going to be looking for a professional to have coach surveyed. Wasn't looking for a 38' coach but after a test drive found that it wasn't that difficult. Who knows, maybe I'll be joining the Monaco owners forum!
Scotialaddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco, ems, problems