Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2017, 10:45 PM   #1

Anyone around Tampa that can....

My gut keeps bugging me to ask here to see if there is anyone in the area of the Camping World in Holiday springs that can look at a rig with me? I dont trust CW any farther than I can push a motorhome. lol I am also going to try and get a mechanic to look at it but would like some help spotting other issues. And even an opinion since my husband really doesn't have much input to offer in the way of experience. Im pretty good at recognizing leak issues. My problem is that my last MH was a '77 and they didnt have all this fancy stuff back then.

I havent set up a mech because if the rig doesnt pass the damage/mold smell from past leaks test then Im not bothering. If i have to leave it and come back next week I will but would like to avoid it.

It would be either Sunday 4th or Monday 5th. We are heading out Sunday but stopping in Ocala to look at a different rig earlier in the day so probably wont make it in time on Sunday.

If anyone wants to have a look or even point out some places to visit while we are there that would be awesome. Also have some others in the same area to look at but no deposits so nothing definite.
Forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #2
Commercial Member

I am located in Brooksville. I have done inspections before for customers and others but mainly DP's but I am familiar with gassers.

If it is a Holiday Rambler or Monaco model then I can surely assist as most of the seminars I conduct at rally's are based on these two brands.

Just so you know I do not do service work and am very OCD. I give an unbiased opinion based on my years of service and experience with inspecting over 1,000 coaches. I find the faults and problems, point them out to you and from there it is your decision. I do not work with dealers or salespeople. That is your headache.

If I can help let me know.

Chris T
Chris T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
I am located in Brooksville. I have done inspections before for customers and others but mainly DP's but I am familiar with gassers.

If it is a Holiday Rambler or Monaco model then I can surely assist as most of the seminars I conduct at rally's are based on these two brands.

Just so you know I do not do service work and am very OCD. I give an unbiased opinion based on my years of service and experience with inspecting over 1,000 coaches. I find the faults and problems, point them out to you and from there it is your decision. I do not work with dealers or salespeople. That is your headache.

If I can help let me know.

Chris T
Chris I sent you a PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:13 PM   #4

@ Chris, I PMd you my response but it was from my phone. Not sure if it went through.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
@ Chris, I PMd you my response but it was from my phone. Not sure if it went through.
Yes I did get it. I sent you a response back.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:46 PM   #6
YC1

Chris is the man. He can spot a problem at 100 paces.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Chris is the man. He can spot a problem at 100 paces.
Hopefully he can work into his schedule. I am not a total mechanical noob but its a lot of systems to cover and I havent touched any of the MH stuff for 16 years. Ive also been spending some time in the Workhorse section. Lots of good info to learn from other peoples questions. Trying not to get an ulcer over all this. Being 10 hours away is stressful.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Yes I did get it. I sent you a response back.
I have no idea what is happening with my PMs. The last PM i have from you is the 11th.

I will be driving out Sunday early but the long drive will put me in at closing or real close to closing so planning on early Monday morning. Will be heading back Wednesday one way or the other.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:22 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
I have no idea what is happening with my PMs. The last PM i have from you is the 11th.

I will be driving out Sunday early but the long drive will put me in at closing or real close to closing so planning on early Monday morning. Will be heading back Wednesday one way or the other.
My phone number is 352-942-2653. You can text me on this.

My e-mail is chris@talinrv.com

Thank you Myron. I really enjoy helping other coach owners. The RV community is loaded with great helpful people. Your one of them.

Chris T
Old 06-15-2017, 10:12 AM   #10

Quote:
My phone number is You can text me on this.

Thank you Myron. I really enjoy helping other coach owners. The RV community is loaded with great helpful people. Your one of them.

Chris T
Thank you!!

If you want you can remove your info from the post if you want. I have it noted down and will contact you later. You are awesome.