Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2021, 12:29 AM   #1

Anyone have Liquid Springs on their rig?

I watched a video on the Liquid Springs option available on some Tiffin and Fleetwood F53 chassis. I did a search on the forum but no recent posts about Liquid Springs.

Curious if anyone had the system installed or optioned out on their rigs? Anyone own the Liquid Spring system who previously had a diesel pusher with an air suspension and can compare the ride between the two.
ualdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2021, 03:27 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had Liquid Spring installed on my 40' 2017 Newmar Canyon Star gas RV.

It was a large, large improvement. I am now able to take highway mountain curves at posted speed. It also stopped a lot of the rattles and squeaks and smoothed the ride out. The front end still has the rough ride of stock shocks but driving ability has greatly improved.

We did own an older DP, a Newmar Dutch Star with air suspension. I am sure it was because of its age but we had a lot of ocean motion and body roll with the DP. My Canyon Star rides better. I am sure a late model DP with air suspension rides great!

Liquid Springs now has a front end option. None of it is cheap.

Good luck,

g
Old 02-11-2021, 06:23 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
While at the Tampa Super RV Show last year, I got to drive the Tiffin "Demo" that Liquid Spring had there. It was quite impressive, & significantly improved the handling & ride characteristics. In my opinion, if you plan to keep the coach for a number of ears; it could be a worthwhile expense.

The "FRONT" system is now available.

Just got a quote the other day: $11,500 for the rear $20,000 for front & rear.
Must add "tax" to that number! This is for installation on a 26,000 GVWR F-53.

I want to do it, but can't bring myself to "pull the trigger" !
Jabber Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
I had Liquid Spring installed on my 40' 2017 Newmar Canyon Star gas RV.

It was a large, large improvement. I am now able to take highway mountain curves at posted speed. It also stopped a lot of the rattles and squeaks and smoothed the ride out. The front end still has the rough ride of stock shocks but driving ability has greatly improved.
Good info thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber Jaw View Post
While at the Tampa Super RV Show last year, I got to drive the Tiffin "Demo" that Liquid Spring had there. It was quite impressive, & significantly improved the handling & ride characteristics. In my opinion, if you plan to keep the coach for a number of ears; it could be a worthwhile expense.

The "FRONT" system is now available.

Just got a quote the other day: $11,500 for the rear $20,000 for front & rear.
Must add "tax" to that number! This is for installation on a 26,000 GVWR F-53.

I want to do it, but can't bring myself to "pull the trigger" !
I guess if the primary reason one is buying a diesel pusher is for the ride, the $20K cost of the Liquid Springs would make sense. The additional cost of the DP (and associated maintenance) would probably make it cheaper to get a F53 chassis with Liquid Springs vs. going with a DP.
ualdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:16 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I appreciate what Liquid Spring is doing. It’s what Ford or RV manufacturers should be doing. But at the prices they have to charge it’s just not going to see widespread adoption. That’s why you find so few real world comments online.

Most of us Gas Class A owners spend $2,000-$4,000 on various fixes that are nothing more than bandaids trying to make a dump truck chassis ride and drive like an SUV. And all the spending helps a little but cannot fix the problem.

If someone devised a new suspension - without leaf springs - for the F53 chassis that could be installed front and rear for less than $6,000 then we’d all be in line getting that work done. Heck, we wouldn’t need to because manufacturers would all be having this work done upfront.

$20,000 is just too much, when you can spend that much over the cost of a gas Class A and get a diesel pusher in the bargain.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:58 PM   #6

Hello All
I have also did some of research of the liquid springs as stated I hear it's another band-aid repair. I found a shop here in Southern California that works with other RV Dealerships that installs an additional leaf spring on each corner of the coach. The owner of North County Springs informed me this is the only way to take care of the ride the F-53 has that it's not a band-aid repair but the only way to take care of the body roll it at the source. So I had the additional springs added at a cost of ($4500). Once I picked it up I could definitely tell the ride differance. With that being said I then took it to an alignment shop who is very familier with the ride quality of the Ford F-53. I then installed the Road Master front and rear sway bars a Super steer rear track bar, a Safety Steer steering stablizer, new bilsteen shocks at a cost of ($4000). I must say it is a night and day differance of driving my coach. All the sway body roll wig wag towimg my jeep is gone. Now I can drive down the freeway/highway towing nicely it tracks the road better and not getting beat up by the big trucks anymore. My wife will even will drive it more while we are on the road. Good Luck with your decision

Rigely
2013 Newmar Baystar 3209

Quote:
Originally Posted by ualdriver View Post
I watched a video on the Liquid Springs option available anymoreon some Tiffin and Fleetwood F53 chassis. I did a search on the forum but no recent posts about Liquid Springs.

Curious if anyone had the system installed or optioned out on their rigs? Anyone own the Liquid Spring system who previously had a diesel pusher with an air suspension and can compare the ride between the two.
Rigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:28 PM   #7

anxious for more reply's!
tpisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:07 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The few testimonials about Liquid Springs that I have seen are all extremely positive. If you don't have a diesel budget but want to get a "near diesel" ride on the F53 chassis, they are certainly the way to go. They are a hefty investment for sure, but they do provide a very sizeable improvement to ride quality as payback for the money you lay out. The one practical issue that comes with the upgrade, however, is a weight increase. For the rear only, I understand it's in the neighborhood of 400 lbs. over the stock weight. Add the front Liquid Springs and it's an additional 200+lbs. over stock weight. It's not a deal breaker, but you have to go into your decision process with your eyes open on this point. It would be nice if Ford could upgrade the weight ratings of the axles to increase the GVWR for the Liquid Spring chassis, but I understand there is not a currently produced axle available in the neighborhood of what Ford would spec for, say, a 27K/28K chassis. And given the most recent F53 upgrade just released, it doesn't seem another upgrade package will be in the offing for quite a few years, if at all. And no way Ford designs new axles just to accommodate Liquid Springs. So, they are a great improvement to the F53, but there are strings as always.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 01:46 PM   #9

So, in other words, to get a decent fix cost you close to $10,000 and a great fix like Liquid Springs would cost $20,000. Considering the cost of a Class A and all the cost to get the suspension 'decent' - another $10,000 to get it great seems to be somewhat reasonable. Still way cheaper then a diesel Class A with very close to Class A ride/handling quality. Of courses it would be great if Liquid Springs cost only $6,000 but that can't even pay for what many spend on all the other available fixes to make it 'decent'.
egawrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 02:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by egawrons View Post
So, in other words, to get a decent fix cost you close to $10,000 and a great fix like Liquid Springs would cost $20,000. Considering the cost of a Class A and all the cost to get the suspension 'decent' - another $10,000 to get it great seems to be somewhat reasonable. Still way cheaper then a diesel Class A with very close to Class A ride/handling quality. Of courses it would be great if Liquid Springs cost only $6,000 but that can't even pay for what many spend on all the other available fixes to make it 'decent'.
I think this almost becomes a matter of perspective - Liquid Springs vs DP. If you were to go out and buy a new high end gasser today, you are looking at and easy $250K, maybe more depending on model. Then, you take and add another $20 to $25K one that for Liquid Springs and you are now in the high end used DP market.
Case in point: we purchased a new 2019 Tiffin Open Road 32SA. Within 3 months, we had dumped another $8K into it for upgraded suspension at Hendersons's LineUp. It made an improvement in roll, sway, and porpoising, bi=ut did not totally resolve the overall ride quality. Fast forward to late 2021, on a long, extended trip, we were getting beat to death on the ride. Option - Liquid Springs, or DP? We opted to go the DP route and got a used Allegro Red 33AA, and ride / handling / noise issues resolved.
If you have a gasser that you love the layout on, maybe LS are the right way to go. If you have a gasser, but can"t (financially) go the DP route, then maybe LS is the cheaper option. Or, you're just relaxing happy with the rig you have and life goes on. I think everyone needs to consider the variable, options and expenses involved, both short and long term.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 02:37 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by egawrons View Post
So, in other words, to get a decent fix cost you close to $10,000 and a great fix like Liquid Springs would cost $20,000.
I think you really only spend about $4,000 to $5,000 for the usual "upgrades" all in. And for LS you are over $24,000 and sometimes $26,000.

I have: Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer, Sumos f/r, Koni FSD shocks and Roadmaster Rear Roll Bar and the total was about $4,000 parts and install. Adding a front roll bar and perhaps a rear track bar and you'd be at maybe $5,000.

So, the leap to Liquid Springs is more like $20,000 more than that.

The only way I can see getting LS is if you do it right up front when you purchase a brand new motorhome.
Old 06-26-2022, 05:24 PM   #12

If I were buying a gas class A new and Liquid Springs was an option I would jump all over it. But adding $20k to my 10 year old class A that’s worth $60k is crazy!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 05:30 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As an FYI - I understand Tiffin now offers LS installed at the factory on new gas models.

Anyone confirm this?

g
Old 06-27-2022, 06:35 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
As an FYI - I understand Tiffin now offers LS installed at the factory on new gas models.

Anyone confirm this?

g
Tiffin as well as Fleetwood. I think it’s a $20k option.
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote