Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2017, 04:28 PM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER FAN View Post
Well your the owner.........but much happier 38' to 36' ? I would not think that would be a big factor ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacique View Post
really 38 is too long but 36 is great, what is the difference between 36 and 38? To me you just like the 36 for other reasons, because there is no way you can feel 2 feet on an motorhome. Unless you are refering to features, how can someone not be able to park a 38 feet motorhome but can park a 36 feet one. this is insane.
Quote:
I think your issue is floorplan and not size if your Itasca was 38 and the discovery was 36 would you feel the same?
What's the big deal? Sheesh! They like the 36 footer better. THEY can tell the difference and that's all that matters. Maybe it's in their heads. So be it. Makes them happy.
Dan McMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #226

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McMartin View Post
What's the big deal? Sheesh! They like the 36 footer better. THEY can tell the difference and that's all that matters. Maybe it's in their heads. So be it. Makes them happy.
liking the 36 over the 38 is no problem my question was what could 2 feet do to parking. If you have an answer fine if you dont great. I am asking what is the difference? Maybe you can tell me the difference because I still did not understand.
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:32 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilug View Post
I'm trying to full time in my 21' bus conversion. It is a work in progress as I built everything "permanent", but I have not finished anything yet. This is mostly by design because I don't want to spend a lot of money, just to find out that I want to change something up in a few weeks or months. So far my two biggest complaints about my 100 s.f. living space is my flooring and the lack of a bathroom. I am learning what is important, what I don't need, and how to pack in ways I never thought possible. I will admit that I am anxious to figure out just what it is that I'm wanting in this one because I really want to get to work on the actual build and finishing of it, even though I'm expecting the floor alone to take between 80 and 100 hours. All in all, I'm living my rig, but I'm doing it solo as well. When it was my ex girlfriend and our 2 50# dogs, her 38' 5th wheel was a much better fit.
As far as the bathroom goes, you might consider a composting toilet. This would get rid of plumbing for a black tank, saving space. See "Gone with the Wynn's" website for a really good rundown on what's involved.

Design in chases or conduits going from from to rear and roof to bottom so you can run wires/plumbing in the future for add ons. Don't forget to put a fish line in them to pull stuff thru.
Grace & Carl. Full time 5/31/16. Past-1980-ish 24 ft class A. 2003 Monaco Dynasty 40 Chancellor, 2010 Mini Cooper S, both CRASHED on 11/19 Now - 2006 Monaco Dynasty Platinum IV, 2011 Mini Cooper S CRASHED November 11/21 deer strike. 2016 GMC Acadia.
Pepperell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:41 PM   #228

if you go to Yosemite you will regret anything longer than 32 feet. you cant stay there in anything bigger
Lenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 03:36 PM   #229

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
maybe you should do some research before making such remarks.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170629-183422.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	166900
Old 06-29-2017, 03:40 PM   #230

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
I understand that many owners have preferences in size and that they find reasons to back their choice but there is room for every one, otherwise all these big rigs would be sitting in the factory and only the minnie winnies would be sold 🤣🤣🤣
Old 06-29-2017, 05:15 PM   #231

+1 on the Yosemite numbers. The Park can accommodate MH's up to 40 feet, though not many. But 35 foot spots are pretty common. And those are rough numbers anyway. Yosemite says:

Quote:
We do not enforce the length limits as long as the RV or trailer can fit on the parking pad in the site.
So if you can wedge your 38 footer into a 35 foot spot, no biggie.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:43 PM   #232

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
So the solution is not have a confortable RV and be cramped inside a small RV so i can park the RV in a small and cramped spot. So when you travel.by plane you also use small prop planes because they can land on any airport or maybe choose to go on a cruise on a tugboat because not every port can dock a cruise ship. If the park does not have sites for my 38 foot RV I find one that does. We prefer to travel confortably in our 38 feet long RV then park anywere in a 20 foot RV and take turns to move inside.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:28 PM   #233

Quote:
So the solution is not have a confortable RV and be cramped inside a small RV so i can park the RV in a small and cramped spot. So when you travel.by plane you also use small prop planes because they can land on any airport or maybe choose to go on a cruise on a tugboat because not every port can dock a cruise ship. If the park does not have sites for my 38 foot RV I find one that does. We prefer to travel confortably in our 38 feet long RV then park anywere in a 20 foot RV and take turns to move inside.
I'm sorry if you took offense at what I wrote. It was not directed at you. It was in response to the erroneous information about Yosemite. I was simply pointing out that Yosemite doesn't enforce it size limits as long as you can fit into your chosen spot.

I don't advocate anything for anyone. That is your choice. I'm sorry if you inferred otherwise.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:00 AM   #234

For what it's worth, I have a 33 ft class A pulling a jeep. I have been very comfortable in many State parks with small sites mainly because I can back up with the rear end at least 6 ft over the end of the pad. My Wrangler is short too, so it's worked out for me. I have only once felt cramped, and that was in Naples Florida where they pack everyone in like sardines. Had to have neighboring sites move their cars to get enough turning space for backing in. I won't go there again.

Sent from my XT1254 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
MonacoMon09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:44 AM   #235

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
I did not get offended at all.
I just don't understand why some drivers insist in limmiting the size of the motorcoach because they are not able to drive a large one and use the excuse that parks limmit the size something done 20 years ago. I have travelled north and south east and west and allways found a RV park that accomodated my motorhome. Don't be afraid to buy and enjoy a larger motorhome because you think it will not be allowed in this or that park.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:04 AM   #236

Quote:
I did not get offended at all.
I just don't understand why some drivers insist in limmiting the size of the motorcoach because they are not able to drive a large one and use the excuse that parks limmit the size something done 20 years ago. I have travelled north and south east and west and allways found a RV park that accomodated my motorhome. Don't be afraid to buy and enjoy a larger motorhome because you think it will not be allowed in this or that park.
There are limits. You can't argue that. Depends on where you like to camp. It is really the industry that limits us. It's hard to find luxury under 40 feet. It's hard to find a DP under 36. If you go short, you have to give up something. But on the other hand, it's hard to find inexpensive longer coaches. Once you get of 35 feet or so, you're in DP land. Not everyone can afford that.

I still contend that if fitting in the maximum number of campgrounds is important, you need to go shorter. If not, then get what's comfortable in your price range. It's all about lifestyle and choices. But I do agree, don't buy a 29 footer because somebody on a forum said you can't fit it anywhere. Not true.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:11 AM   #237

Best site in the campground, and if your coach is any bigger than ours, you aren't getting it......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	167015  
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:42 AM   #238

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
Best site in the campground, and if your coach is any bigger than ours, you aren't getting it......
well well if your trip only includes sitting in the drivers seat and looking outside it is a great deal but if you really want to enjoy all that with your kayaks or stand up boards and then take your bikes for a ride in tha sunset and when you come back just put your dirty wet close in your washer dryer without having to walk to the laundry station, all that as you sit in your patio chairs enjoying your fireplace watching your favorite tv show or listening to some relaxing music. After that come inside take a decent bath and when you are hungry open that big refrigerater and grab anything you need to cook your meal without having to go every other day to the store, then make a great expresso stay inside and continue to enjoy a fireplace while you are able to strech your legs watching a great movie if your coach is smaller then ours you arent getting it ....😉

Tags
motorhome