Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2020, 05:59 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
Aqua Hot

We have a 450 AQUAHOT. It seemed to work ok but while taking a shower it would run out of hot water, so you had to turn the shower off and wait about a minute for more hot water. I could hear the burner cycle off and on. Yes the burner was turned ON.

Van showed up across the street to work on neighbors unit. So I asked him to swing by our place. He fixed it!! The STIR pump was dead. Now while taking a shower water stays hot.

Also learned that the AH 400 model does NOT have the loop from the Cummins engine in it like the 450 does. Important to know when advising someone on how that works while driving.

Hopefully this might help someone else with a similar issue. Jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2020, 04:49 AM   #2

Yep, stir pump problem. Aqua Hot had some issues with pumps. They use the same pump in all 4 locations in the 450. I believe they are past the issue now. I have changed all the pumps in my 450, one of the original pumps shorted out and damaged my board also. So much fun. Hopefully you got the latest Buehler pump on your repair.

I actually went a step further and installed a fuse in line on each of my pumps to protect the circuit board in case I ever have another pump short rather than just open, should save the more expensive board.
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aqua hot