Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #1

Aqua Hot annual maintenance

Thinking of DIY on Aqua Hot annual maintenance. Any tips from those who have done this? Is getting the burner out difficult? Anyone know the going rate to have someone else do it for me? Thanks.
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #2

not rocket science. just follow the manual or watch the videos on youtube.
if i can do it i am sure you can. one caution do not over tighten the burner when you re- install
beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Go here
RV Hydronic Heater Repair - Home

You can join the site and get all the information you would ever want on your Aqua-Hot.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I watched Roger do mine last Feb. Took longer to unload my bay than it took him to service it.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I recently did mine....I am new to Aqua Hot. Not bad. You will need a 10mm deep socket and a long extension. Replace the burner nozzle and the fuel filter and you are pretty much done. If the burner area looks really sooty, you can clean that.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
I recently did mine....I am new to Aqua Hot. Not bad. You will need a 10mm deep socket and a long extension. Replace the burner nozzle and the fuel filter and you are pretty much done. If the burner area looks really sooty, you can clean that.
Thanks to all who responded. Just ordered a filter and nozzle and will do this myself.
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by F117plt View Post
Thanks to all who responded. Just ordered a filter and nozzle and will do this myself.

Read the instructions carefully where it shows to go back and forth when tightening like putting on a car tire you do not want to stress one side to tight before you seat the other side..... My last maint cost me over 600.00 and had to replace tube, mixer valve, and the nozzle
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Depending on where your HH is more of a challenge than anything else. I have two options; 1) climb over and lay on the Inverter (NOT) or 2)clean out the sliding tray and access it from the next bay over. I'm only 5'9" so I can contort to get to it.

The other issue is when removing the burner chamber for brushing, some of the wires need to be carefully pushed out of the way and the same for putting it back in. I often accidentally disconnect one of the wires as I am at an angle and can't see it when putting the burner back.

Get the tool that clips on the nozzle to ensure you haven't bumped one of the ignitor probes out of alignment and get the brush tool. It makes cleaning the burner chamber a breeze (but messy, so have a pair of gloves you do not mind getting diesel fuel and soot on them).

I went from a non-working unit to a working unit in just a few minutes. I removed the old nozzle and it looked okay but the hole is sooo small you cannot tell if it is restricted or not.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote