Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2018, 05:28 PM   #1

Aqua-hot warmup time

Been a bit and I am getting more forgetful about some things so...

Starting with a cold coach and engine that is off and cold how long does it normally take to start blowing warm air using the burner?

It seemed like my coach should have been doing so today when I went to clean it but air was still cold half an hour later and I could hear the burner like normal. (Temp today was in 40's BTW so not like it was real cold.)

Tom
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2018, 05:48 PM   #2

Should have been blowing warm air. Make sure the thermostat is set on furnace, check the level of coolant. You'll need to let it cool down just like a car radiator before opening the cap. Check to make sure pumps are set properly for winter.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #3

Thanks!

I thought it should not take that long.
Furnace was set on for both units and on gas (aqua hot).

Coolant level I can check.
What is pump setting you are talking about?

Tom
Old 12-28-2018, 09:25 AM   #4

Sounds unusual. If the burner is running then the fluid would be hot after 10 minutes or so. Fluid level must be right or the low fluid level sensor should have shut things down. Could be a bad circulating pump but you should have two or more zones so would mean multiple pump failures. Do you have hot water? Most versions of AquaHot shut off the heat zones if you’re using shower so could be a bad sensor there. What combination of lights do you have on the panel?
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:27 AM   #5

If it was low on coolant, then the system wouldn't fire up. There is a level sensor within the heating unit.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:33 AM   #6

Simple and best way to tell what is going on is to open the bay, feel the zone hoses from and to the heat registers. Also feel the hot water in and out. Observe the lights on the panel and you have just detected what is going on with your system. 10-15 minutes time to full available heat per the other post.
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:02 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Your check valves inside the Aquahot unit (remove front cover) are most likely stuck closed. The check valves are located just as the hoses leave the boiler tank and before the pumps. Give the check valves a controlled tap and see if this gets hot fluid circulating through the system by feeling the hoses after the pump.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:05 PM   #8

Thank you guys! I will check things better when I get to FL. Found out I do get heat from electric element but burner is shutting off after a bit. Anyhow getting enough heat to make the trip (3days or so) and I would much rather work in warm weather than freezing...

Tom
Old 12-29-2018, 09:56 PM   #9

the book says 20 to 30 minute with diesel burner, 1-2 hours with elect. Of course it depends on the temp of the water to start with.
But is sound like You should have been heating. You have three stats and zones. Was non heating? As suggested, check boiler fluid, tho you should have a float level sw.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by THenman View Post
Thank you guys! I will check things better when I get to FL. Found out I do get heat from electric element but burner is shutting off after a bit. Anyhow getting enough heat to make the trip (3days or so) and I would much rather work in warm weather than freezing...

Tom
So sounds like it’s time for a burner service. Once you’re far enough south, electric is all you need.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote