Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2019, 07:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO Fred View Post
It would help to know what coach you own as a reference... see my posting signature below. As others have said you won’t run out of fuel especially so if you start out with a full tank and staying in Florida. We also use an infrared heater to help keep it warm inside, cutting down on the use of the Aqua Hot.
Sorry Sattlesore. I did not mean to quote you. My post was meant for the OP.
MO Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2019, 10:13 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis4809 View Post
What model is your AquaHot? Ones I’ve worked with have a single thermostat that controls both the diesel and electric. Both come on at the same time. I just turn the diesel off unless needed.
Have had two ah-100's in Foretravels, and a bigger one, do not remember the number, in a Newell. They all had separate thermostats for electric and diesel. You might check your wiring.
On all of mine the aqua-hots electric elements are set a bit higher
As you can see, the electric is 198 f and the diesel is 190 f. https://www.parts.rvhydronicheaterre...3plqscsfapp004
Old 01-02-2019, 11:22 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis4809 View Post
What model is your AquaHot? Ones I’ve worked with have a single thermostat that controls both the diesel and electric. Both come on at the same time. I just turn the diesel off unless needed.
Our 400D has dual thermostats and the Diesel Burner never lights unless demand for more hot water drops the temps. This is the only 400D we have had so don't know about the others out there.
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:34 AM   #18

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Our 400D has dual thermostats and the Diesel Burner never lights unless demand for more hot water drops the temps. This is the only 400D we have had so don't know about the others out there.
Well, if it does, the company has gone back to using two sets of thermostats for electric element and diesel burner. My 06- 07 built 450D model doesn't.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:37 PM   #19

Just talked to a buddy who is a certified aqua-hot tech. He says the "baby" [his words] aqua-hots which is the 400 series, often come with only one thermostat which activates both diesel and electric, if both are switched on. They have smaller [5 instead of 16 gallon] tanks and some will switch off water flow to heat registers if hot water is needed for showers etc.
Older high line coaches generally use the bigger units which have stainless covers instead of the white painted ones.
You learn something new every day.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:55 PM   #20

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yeah, they really screwed that up !

The older units, that ran on electric till demand got too high, then started the burner, were a much better design!
Old 01-02-2019, 02:54 PM   #21

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO Fred View Post
Sorry Sattlesore. I did not mean to quote you. My post was meant for the OP.
Not a Problem..."fat head/fingers" strikes me way too often..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote