Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2018, 06:13 PM   #15

Most folks are banging their heads on the wrong problem. Major media ran a story a few months back about the fact that when they government stopped mandating the old sealed beam bulbs they turned headlight design over to the art department. Many brands including some surprising high end one's were checked and found to be sub standard at best. Given that increasing voltage and higher output lamps just do a better job of blinding folks coming the other way. What is really needed is a good headlight assembly.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2018, 07:15 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankshaft View Post
I found this. They do headlight conversions.

Xtreme Paint & Graphics Home
These all look like they are using Hella 90mm canister lights just like mine.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:53 PM   #17

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Three stories: 1) 18yo e450 Econoline, ordered new HL assemblies x2 to replace foggy lenses from 1AAuto.com for $55/pr w/ bulbs, funny pattern, GREAT night vision; no complaints from other drivers; 2) 2005 T&C (adjusted up slightly)= improved vision by 75%; 3) Found old rectangular sealed beam last year front lens had come unglued and found the entire reflectors were gone down to clear glass.
THenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
What about The RV Geeks recommended LED headlight bulb replacement? Is what they suggested illegal or ineffective
L
Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:11 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Jacquie View Post
What about The RV Geeks recommended LED headlight bulb replacement? Is what they suggested illegal or ineffective
L
I have seen their video and that was the bulb was referring to sold by M4. I'd really like to see some real data on them. It does appear that they have tried to match the hot spot of an OEM halogen bulb.

On the question of legality...I don't think so. The rules on use of non-OEM bulbs are rather strict.

I think the issue FOR ME is that we don't go around causing problems with on coming traffic. If one can get a properly formed beam and it adjusts to the proper cut off height then who am I to piss and moan about it?
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:34 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
I see what you are saying. Interesting dilemma.
Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, upgrade