Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2020, 01:22 PM   #1

Are you happy with your Entegra Gas Coach?

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to go to the Tampa RV show next month to look at and drive a couple coaches and place an order. The one of greatest interest is the Entegra Vision XL 36A.

Would appreciate any comments from folks with an Entegra gas coach about overall quality, customer service etc?

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2020, 02:43 PM   #2

You mean the Thor gas coach that's re-badged to say Entegra on it. Travel Supreme / Entegra never made a gas coach until Thor bought Jayco then these Entegra gas coaches magically appeared.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:46 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Yikes. Someone's bitter about Tiffin's sellout.
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 03:07 PM   #4

That’s really helpful guys thanks... Is it ok for people who work for Thor to observe Christmas? It all gives me a Thor rump!
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 05:01 PM   #5

I can’t andwer your question, but you should know that Thor corporate people will not be there. Not saying a FL dealer won’t have the product you want to see/drive there for your inspection, but Thor isn’t attending participating at TSS this January. Covid concerns.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 07:45 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
I had a 2019 Entegra Vision 29SS. Very nice modest gas rig, but desperately needed the Cheap Handling Fix. It came standard with two lower amp AC units and a power balancing control unit that throttled down one of the two AC units whenever necessary because of draw by the microwave or other heavy loads. Made this 30 amp coach very practical. Fit and trim were typical of a coach in this price range. There are some phantom power draws (smoke detector, camera/entertainment setup, etc) that kill the chassis battery in just a few days, so an Amp-L-Start or Trik-L-Start is more than just a good idea. My needs changed and I traded to a toy hauler but not because of any complaints about the Entegra gasser. There are a couple of threads here in the forum that discuss more of the features/cures/mods.

Good luck with your selection and be safe out there.
RI Expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 08:30 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Based on reports & complaints I've seen from some folks who have bought them, they don't appear to be in the same quality league as the Entegra diesels. If you are thinking an Entegra Vision is a baby Cornerstone with a gas engine, you are probably going to be disappointed. Whether its another Thor gas model with an Entegra badge is debatable, but it's probably in the same genre.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 08:39 AM   #8

Ok guys, not really all that enthusiastic about the Vision XL. What about the Coachmen Encore? I think they’re both considered in the same category of gas coaches.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:48 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
i can not speak about the entegra i know i am happy with my gas winnie adventurer 38t.
yes the driving compartment is louder but the wife sleeps late and can do so while i drive
Old 12-24-2020, 08:58 AM   #10

A new gas coach with the Ford 7.3 and with the new frame improvements will drive better than any gas coach before it.
Ford made some enhancements that does improve the drivability of a gas coach.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 09:44 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I should've been more constructive and less snarky in my earlier post. I apologize.

The Entegra gassers are largely identical to the Jayco gassers. They are built next to each other in the same (Jayco) plant. If it's more convenient for you, you can get a good sense for the build quality, material grade, and so on by looking at the equivalent Jayco model instead. In some areas it can be easier to find a Jayco dealer.

It's my understanding that for the '21 model year (at least), Entegra is making more of an effort to differentiate their-branded model from the Jayco-branded one. This will mostly be around the periphery: more optional equipment might come as standard, or it might have some options that aren't available on the Jaycos. If my understanding is correct -- bear in mind that my information is second-hand based on posts I've seen, so I certainly could be wrong -- then that would make the Entegra models more desirable than the equivalent Jaycos.

Another point to consider is the dealer, primarily for after-sales support. Entegra shops are likely to be more familiar with diesel pushers, since that's traditionally all that Entegra has sold. You might want to check with your local dealer to get a sense for how comfortable they would feel doing service on a gasser. Perversely, I am in the opposite situation: my nearest Entegra dealer only works with gassers, and their tech was quite honest in admitting that he had never worked on a DP before. For many things this doesn't matter because you can go to whatever shop you want and Entegra will reimburse you, but for things like recalls you (almost) have to go to an Entegra dealer.
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 11:28 AM   #12

Thanks guys, appreciated comments all. One thing that’s an attention getter is the 2/3 year warranty on the Entegra/Jayco brands. That extra year is when you may be more apt to spot problems.

The dealer I’m looking at (will be at the Tampa RV show) sell both Entegra and Coachmen. The Encore and the Vision XL both have different and interesting floorplans. With the Encore offering stackable washer/dryer vs the Vision XL with a combo. And they both have floor plans I like very much. The Encore has a new one that only the floorplan is shown so far called the 375RB. Coachmen doesn’t even have specs listed yet but it has to be a 38 footer I think. Looking forward to looking at it as well. And a possible good show special. $$$

We all know stuff happens with a new motorhome and must be expected in the purchase. But some are built with more attention than others. Coachmen and Entegra have been around a lot of years. Especially Coachmen with over 50 years.

Maybe the biggest thing at selection time is “what are you willing to giveup/modify and what MUST you have”? Sounds a lot easier than it is... Right?
Old 12-24-2020, 11:42 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
A new gas coach with the Ford 7.3 and with the new frame improvements will drive better than any (Ford Chassis) gas coach before it.
Ford made some enhancements that does improve the drivability of a gas coach.
There you go, tuffr. I enhanced the specificity of you post for you
Old 12-24-2020, 11:49 AM   #14

Jeff, I think I clan speak for all of us when I say we’re in awe of your “enhanced specificity”!

Tags
entegra, gas