Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2016, 03:38 PM   #1

Aspire Vs. Dutch Star

Many thanks to those responding to my last post. I found the information very helpful.
Any comments would be appreciated comparing the Entegra Aspire 44R to the Newmar Dutch Star 4310. Both have bunks.
I like the layout of the DS over the Aspire but tend to think The Aspire has the better chassis.
Sebim742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2016, 03:43 PM   #2

and add to that the Newmar Comfort Ride advantage, but the Aspire two year Warranty advantage! you're in a pickle!!

have fun, and enjoy your choice
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 03:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
and add to that the Newmar Comfort Ride advantage, but the Aspire two year Warranty advantage! you're in a pickle!!

have fun, and enjoy your choice

As an SOB driver, I consider Newmar to be superior in overall build quality. Difference in chassis is over rated in my opinion.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:20 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We just went through the same buying process. Based on my signature you'll see we chose the Dutch Star 4310, ultimately it came down to floor plan which we liked much better. Just as an FYI you can get the Dutch Star built on either a FL or Spartan chassis so not sure how the Aspire chassis would be better? We actually went with the FL chassis for a few reasons: tighter turn (which is important for us with a tight parking spot on side of our house), much larger service network if ever needing service, Star chassis with Newmar, and I drove both and could not find any difference in overall ride quality. Our sales guy who had no skin in that game as no price difference said he'd take FL over Spartan (been with sane Newmar dealer for 20+ years).

Either coach is a great choice & both are great quality construction. You can't go wrong!

I think ultimately it comes down to floor plan as that's that you'll be living & traveling in for the foreseeable future!
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 06:59 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
You won't make a mistake by buying one over the other. After years of research we chose the Aspire, mostly because Jean doesn't like Newmar decor. I did want that 150 gal fuel tank.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:12 AM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
You won't go wrong with either one. As stated the chassis difference is over rated. Go with the floor plan you like the best. When it comes down to it, the floor plan is what you have to look at every single day.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:19 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

The brand of chassis makes no real difference. What is important is that the coach builder specified good components when he configured it for the coach. Freightliner does offer some cheap chassis configurations for low end rigs, but Newmar doesn't use those in a Dutch Star. They pick the better stuff for their coaches, whether they are using Freightliner or Spartan. So forget the brand name and compare chassis specs. Then choose the coach your wife likes best.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:28 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
One item to think about/consider is the availability of service facilities. Freightliner will have a lot more service centers to get the service you might need, where as Spartan service centers are few and far between as compared to Freightliner.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:36 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
We went with the 43' Newmar over the Entegra (& over the Allegro Bus).
We liked that Newmar allows you to change just about everything in the coach.
So we were able to pick our floors, counter tops, back splash, different headboard,Dinning room chairs, wallboard, all fabrics for window treatments & leather for all seating FROM ANY LEVEL NEWMAR COACH OPTIONS.

We took decor options from KIng Aire, Essex & London Aire to use in our Dutch Star. Even changed bedroom dresser side slide to that of the London Aire.

No other company wil do that for you & the cost to do these changes were very reasonable.
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:22 AM   #10

On the chassis be sure to compare the actual ones. The Spartan is different on the two models let alone the freight liner of that option is chosen on the Dutch star. When we were looking I was surprised at the differences. To my eyes at least Newmar was using a better chassis. Still as you can see we went a different direction.

Tom
Old 12-22-2016, 05:00 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
As an SOB driver, I consider Newmar to be superior in overall build quality. Difference in chassis is over rated in my opinion.
Agree, Newmar, AC, Winnebago all superior to Entegra. Also, as I stated earlier, Freightliner's top chassis, the SLM, is equal to any on the market.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:59 PM   #12

Aspire Vs. Dutch Star

Came to Fl after Christmas at home and have misplaced your phone #
Wanted to pick your brain on the "customizations" available from Newmar
Mike
Sebim742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:36 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
We have a Newmar Dsdp4369 on order. We have looked for 2 years before ordering. We went with Newmar because of floor plan, but also we could do a lot of customization. I think you would be happy with either one as Entegra makes quality coaches also.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutch star