Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2019, 08:19 PM   #1

Atwood 66280 Levelegs shear pin

Help! I have a 2011 Coachmen Mirada 34BH, with the Atwood 66280 electric levelegs. When I retracted the legs today they all started to come up, and I started to hear the typical clicks, as they bottomed out when the reached the top. Next, I heard a thud, and the one motor kept spinning. Looking underneath, I notice one jack did not retract. Alarms going off like crazy, I shut everything down and when I lifted the jack, it was completely free.

I searched this forum and learned that these jacks are no longer in production or supported. I took it apart and like others, realized the shear pin on the jack screw to gear shaft broke. Everything else appears to be fine. It looks to be a pin around 7/32” x 1-1/4” long.

I’m going to see if I can find a pin at McMaster-Carr which is close enough, but now I’m driving myself crazy trying to figure out how it actually works and goes back together.

Does anyone have a schematic of the assembly?

Can anyone explain how the shear pin shafts, completely connected together work with the spring type coupler, which I’m assuming is the “clutch” that slips when it bottoms out, when it’s just sitting around the shafts, not connected??

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4420.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	257784Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4420.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	257784
dempen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2019, 10:00 PM   #2

I can't help with a drawing, however here are used one for sale: https://colawrvsalvage.com/product/a...iscount-price/
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 12:27 PM   #3

I think Ray,In idea on a used one is best. Colaw has a lot parts for many different RV’s and is a good source to remember.
My thought would be to order two from Colaw since they are no longer available and then work on repair of your unit. Colaw may have schematic of your unit as well as parts too. Just a thought. McMaster is a great source for pins and many other items as well. We use them often.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:55 PM   #4

You might try Sullivan’s in Decatur, IN. They rebuilt one for me from used parts they had and my old jack.

I had enough of repairing a poor jack system and had HWH installed August 2018.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atwood