Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2021, 06:00 AM   #1

Atwood Levelegs

Just purchased 2006 Fleetwood Bounder with these levelers. Trying to learn how to operate them - Got them to extend but now cannot get them to retract.
Seems like they want to start going up but then stop and am seeing a red & green light flashing for the driver front.
Any thoughts on these and ideas would be appreciated - am trying to get in touch with Atwood who I understand is now owned by Dometic.
Thank You
DonQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2021, 06:12 AM   #2

Google is your friend, search and you can find out everything. I have removed and cleaned/rebuild all 4 over the last 13 years.
Old 12-28-2021, 01:47 PM   #3

Thank You - not sure am up to rebuilding them - After calling Dometic now find out Lippert is current owner, Called them and they saying problem may be due to low voltage yet low voltage light is not lit on the control panel. Am very sure my house batteries are in good condition with proper voltage.

Lippert said to maybe take the house batteries in to be load tested.??? Thinking the red green lights for driver front are an error code as when I hit retract all - get all red lights and the levelers seem to be trying to raise but then all stops and I get the red grn lights
Old 12-28-2021, 03:37 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Start the engine and release the park brake. They should retract, while making a bunch of noise with alarms and such.
Old 12-28-2021, 04:07 PM   #5

When you do the emergency retract keep your foot on brake. My fleetwood has to be put in gear
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 08:13 AM   #6

Have tried the emergency retract and nothing happened. Have talked with a man who has helped us much over the years with our RV's and after giving him the status he is coming by to check out voltage connections etc etc etc
Thank You
Old 12-30-2021, 08:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQ View Post
Have tried the emergency retract and nothing happened. Have talked with a man who has helped us much over the years with our RV's and after giving him the status he is coming by to check out voltage connections etc etc etc
Thank You
Do you have springs on them? If yes . Push up with a 2x4. They have no retracting power.
fairway2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:37 PM   #8

Maybe this could help, when I had that problem I manually retracted the jacks and then started over. I since I got rid of them and went to hydraulics finally.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Atwood Levelegs.pdf (330.3 KB, 14 views)
Bimmerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 10:03 PM   #9

Here’s another Atwood manual…
Attached Files
File Type: pdf level-legs-service-training-manual.pdf (1.49 MB, 12 views)
Bimmerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 08:18 AM   #10

Atwood Levelegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairway2002 View Post
Do you have springs on them? If yes . Push up with a 2x4. They have no retracting power.

Atwood Levelegs are electric, only way to manually retract is with 1/2” socket and battery or electric drill.

You could do it manually but it's about 800 turns/inch.

Tags
atwood