Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2020, 09:06 AM   #15

Bill, I also need the final gears for the 66334 as one broke in half and the other stripped teeth off. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2021, 02:39 PM   #16

Where did you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rffowler55 View Post
We eventually bought a new Atwood compatible leg assembly from Lippert. I have already installed and it appears to work as expected with the existing Atwood controller. The removal and installation is an easy process with the exception of getting to the bolts that attach the leg to the coach due to ground clearance and the proximity of the tire. I was not successful getting a machine shop to make a replacement for the broken gear, mainly because we live in a very remote area with few machine shop options. Buying the new leg assembly enabled us to retain the old unit to use for parts that I am sure we will need eventually on a 2007 coach.
Hello, I need to replace a leveleg 66280. Where did you buy the replacement leg if I may ask? Thanks!!
carlmpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 05:30 AM   #17

We contacted Lippert directly .
2007 Newmar Baystar; 3201; SumoSprings Front; Timbren Springs Rear; Safe-T-Plus; 2016 Fiat 500; Roadmaster Falcon 2;Demco SBS DUO Braking System;TST 507; Bilstein shocks; Garmin RV 785; Supersteer Rear Trac Bar, Thule Easyfold XT2,RVWhisper
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 05:06 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill from In View Post
I have some gears out of a 10K rear leg. The center post broke.
Also I have one 7.5 K front right leg. Sold recently 2 others I had on IRV2 classifieds.
Contact me if interested.

Bill do you still have the front leg?
Old 08-17-2021, 05:09 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rffowler55 View Post
We eventually bought a new Atwood compatible leg assembly from Lippert. I have already installed and it appears to work as expected with the existing Atwood controller. The removal and installation is an easy process with the exception of getting to the bolts that attach the leg to the coach due to ground clearance and the proximity of the tire. I was not successful getting a machine shop to make a replacement for the broken gear, mainly because we live in a very remote area with few machine shop options. Buying the new leg assembly enabled us to retain the old unit to use for parts that I am sure we will need eventually on a 2007 coach.
Can you give me the information on the replacement leg? I'm looking for the same thing a front leveleg?
Old 08-18-2021, 05:59 AM   #20

On your level-leg there is a model number, yours may be different than mine, go to Lippert's website and there should be contact information.
2007 Newmar Baystar; 3201; SumoSprings Front; Timbren Springs Rear; Safe-T-Plus; 2016 Fiat 500; Roadmaster Falcon 2;Demco SBS DUO Braking System;TST 507; Bilstein shocks; Garmin RV 785; Supersteer Rear Trac Bar, Thule Easyfold XT2,RVWhisper
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 02:08 PM   #21

Does anyone know of document that tells the difference between the 7.5K legs. I'm asking because it may help me and others to maybe have better luck finding replacement parts. maybe the gears are interchangeable. maybe the motor. The 66070 7.5k was mentioned. I have the 66280 7.5k. Im wondering if the gearbox and motor are interchangeable.

Jim58

Tags
atwood