Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2021, 07:03 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandS View Post
Just a point of interest to share; that Dutch star in the video is nearly identical to the 2017 Ventana that we currently own and full time in.

If you like it, you may also want to look at some Ventana 4369's. You may be able to move a few years closer to new for about the same expenditure.-Paul
Thanks to all who have (and continue to help me out)
The tires (all Michelin 315s) are a year old
Both battery sets are new.

I am very familiar with comfort drive as I am an avid follower of Mr. Sherwin.
As I have stated in the past, I spend an hour every day reading the posts on this site (and comment sometimes) because I have found the information absolutely honest (sometimes too honest) and the group only wants to assist or guide other folks.
If I may make a comment- when you solve a problem, please post the solution because it really adds to the historical content for the future readers. As an example: I am looking at a 2008 Fleetwood. There are many posts about the coach (from 2010 on), but some of the solutions are not provided.

Be safe

Thanks

Dr. Mike
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2021, 02:53 PM   #16

After you included the 2013 Cornerstone, you tipped the scale to the Entegra. The Cornerstone is more comparable to the Mountain Aire or London Aire. 600 hp vs 450 in the Dutch Star. 1900# torque vs 1250. 4000 Allison vs 3000 Allison. If the Cornerstone has the floorplan you like and is clean and well cared for, it would be my overwhelming choice.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 05:55 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Hello all

No surprise here------ ALL of the coaches that I have listed have been sold. Yes, even those that have been on the lot since early October. The last to go was the Fleetwood.
Since I am not used to giving up, I have recast my net and am now looking at the following coaches:

2014 Anthem 44B $198,000
2015 Anthem 44B $ 225.000
2013 Dutch Star $239,000

As of this posting, I have not discovered a nice Mountain Aire to consider. I am discovering that many dealers (and some private sellers) and stating "no negotiating" and I have also discovered that dealers are raising the asking price tens of thousands of dollars above book and increasing the price twice a week. This is a learning experience!!

As usual, please send me any and all comments on the coaches or send a new one for us to consider.
What are your thoughts about private sale vs. dealer?

Thanks
Old 03-13-2021, 06:14 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
All look to be nice coaches. We just picked up a Cornerstone after having a Newmar Gasser (Canyon Star). We love the new coach, quality if great.

Watch out that analysis paralysis keeps you behind the curve. We, well DW, fell in love with a floor plan that we ordered. Find the coach that meets all your needs, and most of your wants. then get camping.
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 08:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvuk View Post
Which floor plan will meet your needs most efficiently and comfortably? They are all good coaches. I find, too often, RVers forget to analyze the floor plan with slides in and slides out, considering their most likely use pattern. For example, will you be wanting to use the bed while slides are in (driving down the road, at a rest stop? Can the full kitchen be accessed with slides in? Do you need to level the coach and open slides to access parts of the floorplan you need or use frequently?
Nothing else matters if you/DW doesn't like the floorplan. Friends bought a brand new MH, our first trip they complained they could not get to the bathroom with opposing slides retracted. His wife had to slide over the kitchen table to get to the bathroom.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 10:57 AM   #20

Agree with this! Make sure you like the floorplan with slides in and out!
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 07:18 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
OK..... so the above coaches have been ......wait for it........sold.

Not a problem- I have an appointment this Saturday to fly to Dallas to look at a 2013 Cornerstone and a 2013 Dutch Star. The Dutch Star is a few thousand more than the Cornerstone, but both are very nice and the DW will be happy with either.

I have researched everything about Newmar, but
Do you folks have any opinions on the Entegra (or even the Newmar)?
Old 03-17-2021, 12:07 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Doc, our first coach was a Newmar. It was a well built coach. Our new coach is Entegra, built just as well.

Support out of both factories is great. Both have strong customer loyalty. We went with the Cornerstone because we fell for the floorplan, esthetics, and performance. The large engine and K3 chassis was a game changer for us.

We have many friends with DS and they love their rigs.

If you have a heavy towed, or plan to be in the Mountains, the CS will have the power edge.

Best of luck.

cheers,
Old 03-19-2021, 06:33 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mike View Post
OK..... so the above coaches have been ......wait for it........sold.

Not a problem- I have an appointment this Saturday to fly to Dallas to look at a 2013 Cornerstone and a 2013 Dutch Star. The Dutch Star is a few thousand more than the Cornerstone, but both are very nice and the DW will be happy with either.

I have researched everything about Newmar, but
Do you folks have any opinions on the Entegra (or even the Newmar)?
Ok all
Tomorrow is the day that I fly to NIRVC (Dallas) to review the two coaches. I already have insurance (The Hartford) quotes for both coaches and have a 52 foot garage ready .

Any last minute information on either coach is more than welcome.

By the way- I checked multiple insurance carriers and the difference between the highest (Progressive) $4732 (Cornerstone) and the lowest (The Hartford) $1740 is amazing. Note: exact same coverage and deductibles.
Old 03-19-2021, 06:58 AM   #24

We bought a lightly used Newmar last month. One thing I discovered is that if you find something you like, you have to move fast. It's a sellers market.

Be sure to get an independent inspection.

Good Luck.
GWBGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 04:33 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWBGE View Post
We bought a lightly used Newmar last month. One thing I discovered is that if you find something you like, you have to move fast. It's a sellers market.

Be sure to get an independent inspection.

Good Luck.
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and ideas. I really appreciate your guidance.
Things did not go so well at NIRVC (Dallas). It seems that the questions I had (such as the conditions of tires, the roof, and the batteries) would not be answered until I flew out there. I was never expecting this attitude from these folks, so I canceled the trip and stayed at the hospital all weekend.

So, here is where I need you folks- tomorrow, I am heading down to Orlando to look at a 2014 Entegra Coach ANTHEM 42RBQ.
Any information (price, quality, or any issues) that you can share would be great.

Here is the link: https://www.cflrv.com/2014-Anthem-42RBQ-5381.htm
Old 03-27-2021, 11:54 PM   #26

He doc. That Anthem in Orlando you are going to see looks very nice. It seems like a really good price to me. What a beauty.

I don't recall, have you owned an RV before? Under what circumstances will you be using it? National and state parks without hookups? Boondocking BLM land? Private RV parks with full hookups? Dirt roads?? You have probably thought all that through. I also am wondering if you are truly desirous of maneuvering such a large beautiful rig to those places you choose and are you planning on getting a properly rated drivers permit for such a big rig? No right answers or wrong. Just wondering as the different common uses for an RV as noted above are better experienced in specific types of RVs although you can create cross over and adapt.
I guess I'm saying, make sure you understand how and where you will use it and it will help you determine the best type rv. Not trying to talk down to you at all. I speak sincerely and from experience having purchased a rig too large for my most favorite and desired uses (dirt road access to mountain and desert camps boondocking). i make it work but I regret it at times.
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 05:17 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
To all

First- Thanks. Thanks for all of your wisdom and guidance during our search.
We did indeed select the 2014 Anthem (see attached link on post 25).

How did we know it was "the" coach? It actually was pretty simple- The coach itself is in perfect condition. I spent 2 1/2 hours with a flashlight looking in every cabinet, nook, and cranny (inside and out) to find something wrong. The tires and batteries are new. All fluids and filters have been changed and it drove like we were on air.
The final nail came when I went in the coach and the DW did not know what to run and show me first. She was totally excited and happy that we discovered a coach that hit every point on her "must-have" list.
All that is left is the inspection, a good going over with the technician, sign the final papers, and leave.

So-- Besides the initial three must-have items (water pressure gauge, tire pressure monitoring system, and the surge protector (dog bone)), what other accessories do we need to invest in?

As usual, all comments are more than welcome.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:10 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Doc, congratulations! Wish you many happy miles!

Water pressure regulator (good one) (with pressure gauge), high quality air pressure gauge (i just ordered a new snap on, but there are other good ones available), surge protector for sure (remote monitoring is bonus), spare belts and filters in case needed on road (better to supply road side maintainer than get towed to shop). Garmin GPS, installed units have challenges.