Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #1

Automatic Door Awning has "Quit" - Help, please...

The Oasis-Elite Automatic Door Awning on my '07 Allegro Bus has "without warning" failed to open. I'm able to hear only a "click" each time I push to open or close. I might point out that it surely cannot be from too infrequent use. I'd like to think there's something I can do/check, short of heading out to purchase a new (extremely expensive) motor. Thanks, in advance, for any help to my predicament. Larry
hugh37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Larry

You might want to post this question on the Tiffin RV network. Believe you will get an answer soon.

jack
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #3

Oasis Automatic Door Awning has "Quit" - Help, please...

Jack...many thanks for your suggestion. For info, I posted there first.
Larry
Old 07-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Most likely the gears are stripped. They are made of plastic and become brittle over time. Pony up.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Just replaced mine today on a 2006 Newmar DP. Several weeks ago pushed the extend switch and it rapidly extended and wouldn't retract. Could hear the motor working so my guess was the ratching mechanism in the roller. Had to remove to get on the road. Expensive to replace. Called the manufacture to discuss and besides the awning they indicated the old control box wouldn't work with their replacement. They were wrong on the control box. Sent back! Now to find paint to match coach, at least know the manufacture and paint number. Replacement awning has a white body color. Will mask off from coach and paint shortly.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #6

Oasis Automatic Door Awning has "Quit" - Help, please...

To All who responded and to the MANY who may have or can expect to experience a similar problem, I wish to announce that after about an hour of "trial & error" procedure, my Oasis Door Awning is now performing as it was originally intended, with no money cost to me!
The steps I followed, since I'm not an "expert" in this area:

1) removed the cover from the Control Box;
2) disconnected the red & black wires for the Patio Awning and the
red/white & black wires for the Door Awning;
3) with my multi-testor determined the proper 12-volt current was
present for both;
4) connected the Door Awning wires to the Patio terminals with NO
success, which meant the problem was BEYOND that point;
5) removed the cover for the motor of the Door Awning;
6) with my tester determined that sufficient 12-volt current was
reaching the motor;
7) removed the cover plate at the top of the motor and saw that all
("gears") appeared o.k.;
8) LASTLY, while having my "helper" (you guessed right!) depress
the In-Out switch, I GENTLY tapped on the motor housing (all
around it)...AS I EXPECTED (and this is a BIG factor...that we
EXPECT positive results...at least, occasionally)...my Oasis Elite
Door Awning proceeded outward, as it was created to do! And a
day later it continues to perform well. I should mention that when I initially called for technical help I was informed that my motor was
bad (to the tune of a cost of about $500.) and when replaced all should work just fine. Trust I haven't been too "wordy"...and do
hope this will be helpful to many. Larry

Tags
awning, door