RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2017, 09:24 AM   #1

Aux. fuel tank for 1990 pace arrow

I have a 1990 fleetwood pace arrow and would like to add an extra gas tank, maybe putting a fuel switch and flip it on when I get low until I could refill. Are should I put a fuel pump on my idea was to install the tank above the orginal one and let the fuel flow down when I flip a switch. Help Betty
Any and all feed back is Welcome
grits58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2017, 09:50 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by grits58 View Post
I have a 1990 fleetwood pace arrow and would like to add an extra gas tank, maybe putting a fuel switch and flip it on when I get low until I could refill. Are should I put a fuel pump on my idea was to install the tank above the orginal one and let the fuel flow down when I flip a switch. Help Betty
Any and all feed back is Welcome
There is a electric valve that is available to switch tanks. There is a four port and a six port valve. I believe a 1990 would take a six port valve. The six port has a return port. My 1972 Open Road motorhome had dual tanks and I loved it. Just try and make sure the fill is on the same side. On my coach, they were on opposite sides and my wife would have to stand at the pump and hold the hose while I turned around. That was the only down side.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:52 PM   #3

Thanks ga-traveler so your saying you believe adding an extra fuel tank would be ok just make sure the fill up port is on the same side LOL. My fill up port is behind my tag so I should be okay. I haven't really looked at it closely to see if my idea will work. If it does I will update the forum when I do. Thanks Betty
grits58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:47 PM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
There is a electric valve that is available to switch tanks. There is a four port and a six port valve. I believe a 1990 would take a six port valve. The six port has a return port. My 1972 Open Road motorhome had dual tanks and I loved it. Just try and make sure the fill is on the same side. On my coach, they were on opposite sides and my wife would have to stand at the pump and hold the hose while I turned around. That was the only down side.
The valves also have connections to switch fuel level senders so one gauge will read both tanks.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, fuel, pace arrow, tank