Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2016, 10:23 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Awning Replacement - Torsion Assembly

Ok. I have an Dometic A&E Awning. The lock and unlock to bring the awning down and lock it down or lock it up is not working.
I see a replacement in Ebay for $56.99. Its for a Dometic 8500 Plus.

Will this A&E Dometic 8500 Plus RV Awning Torsion Assembly Polar White RH 3309932006B fit on my 1999 Dolphin, 36' with Tag Axle?

I believe this is what will repair the Locking Mechanism.

Thanks.
yn1bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2016, 10:59 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Somewhere there should be a tag on or near your awning framework that tells the model number. That'll tell you if the ebay part will fit.

Get your model number and go to the A & E site to be sure you are getting the proper part.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yn1bennett View Post
Ok. I have an Dometic A&E Awning. The lock and unlock to bring the awning down and lock it down or lock it up is not working.
I see a replacement in Ebay for $56.99. Its for a Dometic 8500 Plus.
Will this A&E Dometic 8500 Plus RV Awning Torsion Assembly Polar White RH 3309932006B fit on my 1999 Dolphin, 36' with Tag Axle?
I believe this is what will repair the Locking Mechanism.
Thanks.
yn1bennett
To insure that you're getting the correct awning part you must first loacate the PNC or SKU number on the data label of your Dometic A&E Awning.
See: https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/support/spare-parts
Woodchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:53 AM   #4

I was trying to do some research and Woodchopper and LSC9901 were able to post before me and gave some good information but what I was going to say is that I see the item on ebay for $56.99 ...is it the one being sold by "AnyRVparts" --HERE?

If so, I'd give them a call and describe your awning further to them and they should be able to help you narrow down the exact part you need if that isn't the one.

If you go to their website, it's listed at $62.41 but it appears if you go directly through their ebay page, it's $56.99.

AnyRVparts -- A&E Dometic 8500 Plus RV Awning Torsion Assembly Right Polar White 3309932006B

Additionally, their website says this:

"We were founded in 1977 by Robert Schwalm to sell and service Generac generator products. Over the years we have broadened our scope and we now stock both repair and service parts for a wide variety of products for Recreational Vehicles.

Featuring 14,000 plus part numbers and over 5,000 in-stock parts from more than fifteen suppliers; we are here to get you the parts you need; delivered quickly and priced right.

Our staff has wide and deep product knowledge with over 130 years of R.V. experience. Many of us have been the industry for over 20 years and three of us for over 30 years. So, old or new, chances are we know about your vehicle and we are willing and able to provide technical assistance and direction to one and all."

Their phone number is: 800-237-4318 -- M-F 8:30 to 3:30 Pacific Time

Also, once determining the part you need, you may also want to check of RVupgrades.com (iRV2 founder and a forum sponsor) to see if they have the part and can match the price.

RVupgrades.com

866-332-7881
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:01 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you have an 8500 awning, it should work.

Have you ever replaced a torsion spring? If you have, then you already know that it's a real good way to lose a few fingers if you're not careful. Otherwise, should be fine.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS40, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
If you have an 8500 awning, it should work.

Have you ever replaced a torsion spring? If you have, then you already know that it's a real good way to lose a few fingers if you're not careful. Otherwise, should be fine.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS40, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103
You do need to be careful but it's not hard to replace. A pair of vice grips to hold and wind/unwind the spring works good. Count the number of turns as you unwind the old one then wind the new one the same number of turns. Don't rivet the end cap on until you've tested by opening and closing the awning a fee times. You may have to tighten or loosen the spring a turn or two. A couple of machine screws can be used to hold the end cap while testing.

Tags
ace, awning, replace, replacement