Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2021, 03:45 PM   #1

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Angry Axxerra AVM80

Hi, need advice, we own a new Thor Class A Freedom Traveler A 30 have not even had it a year and just one trip.....however I was out prepping for an up coming trip and turned on the radio the Axxera AVM 80 and it is in demo mode and will not stay on any one screen.....I called Thor and talked to their tech people, they have no idea how to get it out of Demo Mode any one out there had any kind of experience like this and if so what did you do to fix it......I put in a call to Axxera and of course they are closed so Ill try again tomorrow, worst case the radio better get replaced with out to much hoop jumping..........any help is always appreciated........Dave and Louise

KI5FYU/WRDU841

Retired, but not forgotten LOL
Bluesman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2021, 05:38 PM   #2

Look on the front of the radio for a very small hole marked 'reset' it may or may not be there depending on radio manufacturer. On our old 'Magnadyne' radio, commonly used in the 2006 era, this reset was used many times to reboot the radio, until I gave it the big boot and replaced with a set-up from Crutchfield.

Ken
Actually I just googled your radio and it does show the reset in the top left corner, probably need a paper clip to push in. The Google did show numerous issues. If you decide to replace, check with Crutchfield. They have everything needed, adapter plates for different sized radios and openings, wiring adapters etc. One stop shopping and they have a good support system.

Ken
Kenny Loney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:36 PM   #3

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hi Ken dont know if you response was directed to me or not, went through all the hoops with thor doing the reset button, hitting factory reset, and pulling the fuse from the fuse box.....sadly when you do this it reverts the radio to the demo mode....so I am thinking there has to be a place somewhere in the radio menu that will allow you to turn off the demo mode......we shall see
Old 03-23-2021, 08:29 PM   #4

Sorry I can't help you any more than that, hopefully you can find it in the menu.

Ken
Old 03-23-2021, 10:12 PM   #5

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I appreciate your input, ill be back out there tomorrow trying to figure it out lol hopefully Axxera will call and clue me in......worse case scenario replace the radio or maybe not maybe ill find a different one that will work that has a better track record.....stay safe and well shout at us if you see us on the road..... Dave and Louise

KI5FYU/WRDU841
Old 03-24-2021, 04:36 PM   #6

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Up date

Ok after talking with Thor and Axerra and then Thor again Axxera assures me there is no such thing as a DEMO mode on the radio....of course I replied with a picture of the radio in Demo mode their reply THERE IS NO DEMO FUNCTION ON THAT MODEL....you will need to contact the dealer and get it replaced....OOOOOK I contacted Thor again and they could find no way to do a reset to get it back into not demo mode....Monday its off to the dealer, drop it off and wait for them to get a replacement from Axxera.....any suggestions on a different radio that has the camera functions for back up and side mirror views ????? Thanks to all who have replied so far....Dave and Louise

KI5FYU/WRDU841
SOMETIMES ITS GOOD TO BE THE KING......OR NOT?
Old 03-24-2021, 08:54 PM   #7

Thanks for the update. For a different type of radio, features etc. look at http://https://www.crutchfield.com/S...r-Stereos.html. They will instructions, technical support and depending on the value of your purchase, include installation kits etc.

For your information, the RV industry typically buy the radio with the MOST features on the time, for the lowest price. This includes MHs trailers. the 06 vintage were a lot of Magnadyne radios with the weather networks, then Clarion and others, but none of the bigger recognized names, Pioneer, Sony,etc that would cost a few dollars more.
When I replaced the Magnadyne in our 06, I got a Pioneer, more features, they also included a mounting kit from 2 din to 1 din. and plug and play wiring kits, all for $149.

When you take your MH to the dealer, you should not have to leave it. The service department should confirm that the radio needs replacing under the Thor warranty. Have the dealer call when the radio is in, go at a mutually agreeable time. Technician should come out to the driveway, pop the radio out, put new one beside it, change plugs and jacks and push radio back in , 10 minutes.

Ken