Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2021, 12:11 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about AZ. Between our gas tax, hotel tax and general sales tax (now over 10% in most cities) we're getting our fair share from visitors.
Plus, the OP will be working in AZ, and therefore paying Arizona income taxes.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2021, 12:14 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biljol View Post
Booze,

You missed a big issue in your statement, COMPANY TRUCK, that is a different issue completely compared to a personal vehicle. That company, in a lot of states, are by law required to change registration and title if the truck will be in a state for more than 3 months. Also they and you get a refund of the unused registration in the state you are moving from.

Now do most follow the law — a big question.
Pablum. Thousands upon thousands of trucks are tagged-legally-in states that they are not used in. Off the top of my head, EVERY U-Haul truck has Arizona plates. The vast majority of Ryder trucks and tractors are plated in Indiana. Thousands of trailers are tagged in Maine, Oregon, Tennessee, or lately, Idaho. (Most Amazon trailers I see have Idaho tags.) I rented a U-Haul trailer recently...it hasn't left New England in years, but had Mississippi plates.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:20 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetranz View Post
When I came to the US a little over 20 years ago, I was surprised to discover that car registration price depends on the value of the car. I've never really understood why. I was used to everyone paying the same price for the same "product".
No, it doesn't...that varies state to state. In many places, it's 100% dependent on weight.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:24 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
No, it doesn't...that varies state to state. In many places, it's 100% dependent on weight.
Oh okay. I guess I foolishly based it on one state. Weight makes more sense.
tetranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 01:41 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
Pablum. Thousands upon thousands of trucks are tagged-legally-in states that they are not used in. Off the top of my head, EVERY U-Haul truck has Arizona plates. The vast majority of Ryder trucks and tractors are plated in Indiana. Thousands of trailers are tagged in Maine, Oregon, Tennessee, or lately, Idaho. (Most Amazon trailers I see have Idaho tags.) I rented a U-Haul trailer recently...it hasn't left New England in years, but had Mississippi plates.

Look at those plates most are apportioned plates the company is headquartered in the state of issue or has a office that handles liencing.

My next door neighbor works for U haul in the accounting department they provide usage reports to each state for each month and pay according to usage. It’s one of the reasons that renting one way can have huge cost difference.

https://flexfleetrental.com/apportio...-truck-rental/
Old 05-31-2021, 03:31 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ RV'r View Post
Funny.... you live in a southern border state and think like that.

Imagine tens of thousands of people from all over the United States and Canada come to your state every winter... many times for around 5-6 months. Some live in homes some come in RV’s. These same people all travel on the roads, and use many other state services but never pay one cent into supporting them.... even cheating the system to save a few bucks instead of helping by supporting the state that they love to visit and even refer to as their "second home"

Don’t be cheapskates. Pay your fair share.
Out of state residents do pay their share since they pay the gas tax for fuel used while in that state and all the local sales taxes for items purchased while they are in the state.
junkyardjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 04:44 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardjeff View Post
Out of state residents do pay their share since they pay the gas tax for fuel used while in that state and all the local sales taxes for items purchased while they are in the state.
They bolster the local economy by bringing in out of state money. Benson AZ town council got a lesson when RV people showed up with sales receipts and totals showing the tourism impact on the local economy.

BTW: I like that AZ does not tax my SS. I feel they should not tax my pension or IRA disbursements.
Pappion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 05:17 PM   #64

Yes, Arizona registration costs are based on the vehicle value. How about over $7000.00 for 2019 registration. I get a kick about the people crying about the $32 law enforcement fee.
Old 05-31-2021, 06:19 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldracerJim View Post
I lived in Texas for many years but my job required frequent work and travel to Iowa, Kansas and Florida. About 8 years ago States started enforcing income taxes on work performed in their State by residents of other States if they worked more than a certain number of days per year. I ended up paying Iowa and Kansas state income tax for several years for the time worked in their State. Thank goodness for Florida and no staye income tax! Be careful, they do look for this.
The Pilots union had to force states to carve out some exceptions.
Pappion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 05:40 PM   #66

taxes

My yearly taxes on a 2018 Tiffin RED are over $9000 in Fairfield County South Carolina. I got it reduced to $5100 by signing a paper calling it a second home. It hasn't come down to speak of in three years.
JETCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 05:38 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETCU View Post
My yearly taxes on a 2018 Tiffin RED are over $9000 in Fairfield County South Carolina. I got it reduced to $5100 by signing a paper calling it a second home. It hasn't come down to speak of in three years.
My property taxes are a quarter of that on my house, glad I'm in crazy AZ.
Stevenkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 03:41 PM   #68

If I had to pay more taxes for a motor home then my house there is no way I would buy one.
junkyardjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 02:02 PM   #69

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
Annual property taxes last year on my 2018 Precept was $2700 with the second home deduction. Over $2000 of that is school taxes. NOT happy but not much choice.
Marshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:55 PM   #70

Tiffin Owners Club
Register in Montana.

https://www.49dollarmontanaregisteredagent.com/

I did this and use the LLC for business as an added benefit. All totally legal.
MEC57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor, motor home