Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2017, 06:45 PM   #15
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Yes, the coach is not designed to lean to one side so you can load the other side, that just doesn't make sense. You need to take it back and get it corrected. There have been many rear end issues with the new Fords where an adjustment was needed. My BIL bought a new Southwind and found the rear end was 1.5" more to the left of the frame. It was a broken alignment pin on a new coach.

If Ford refuses to repair, a visit to a spring shop will get it repaired in short order, either by adding a spring to one side or re arcing.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2017, 10:12 PM   #16

Assuming (which is dangerous in itself) that you have the front wheels straight and air pressure is equal, loading etc... ya it’s leaning and imo I would take it back to have it looked at if nothing else for peace of mind that there is not something loose or wrong with the suspension. Best of luck!
Old 11-30-2017, 12:03 PM   #17

I would also return to where I bought it and look at other new rigs to see if they lean, I'll bet they don't.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:20 PM   #18

For a quick check, park on level pavement, measure from ground to top center of each wheel well opening and compare left & right results. It sure looks low on the right side to me. Outbound had a great idea in post #17. Let us know what you find out.
StephenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:28 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
It seems like the suspension is not doing its job. The coach should be level IMO.

Take it back to the dealer.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #20

Which side are the slides on? Is it level after the slide(s) is/are extended?

Not that it should make much difference, I'm just curious.

And, it looks like a diesel pusher to me (but with the highly touted side radiator).
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:27 PM   #21

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
Which side are the slides on? Is it level after the slide(s) is/are extended?

Not that it should make much difference, I'm just curious.

And, it looks like a diesel pusher to me (but with the highly touted side radiator).
My MH is a GAS coach so it has no Air system or air bags to level. I have 3 slides 2 on the drivers side 1 on the passengers side. The 100 gal. fresh water tank is on the DS behind & below the driver. The road I'm parked on in the picture has all most no crown, and the coach is leaning toward the middle of the road in the picture. The basement only has a few folding chairs. The refrigerator (Full size Residential) sits in the middle on the diver side.
(I'm not lashing out at anyone here) Just venting my frustration I paid for a BRAND NEW vehicle it's their problem to fix.
Smokey27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:34 PM   #22

Get actual numbers. Angle and/or inches parked two directions (just to head off complaint on phone kind of like a speed run needs to be both ways.) Then try your dealer to get it fixed. If they don't or will not call REV in Decatur and see if they can help you. Either with dealer, Ford, or at Decatur.

Tom
Old 11-30-2017, 04:58 PM   #23
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Wayne....you are correct to be frustrated.....there is an issue! Some designer didn't draw up a motor home with a lean to it and hope that people load the other side while they travel. They also didn't design a coach to lean so that it fit a specific floorplan, what would they do if another floorplan is installed on the chassis and it leans the other way.

Find a flat area at the dealer and have them explain why it leans. If they balk, go over their head to the manufacturer!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:33 PM   #24

You might try getting on the Monaco (I guess Monaco and HR are still the same thing) forum here http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/ and see if other owners of the same coach have the same problem. I know HR Vacationer and Monaco Monarch were the same coach once upon a time. Not sure now.

Tags
dealer