Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #15

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
I am still running my Sony B&W that is 18 years old. What do you hope to gain with a color vs a B&W camera?

I had not considered the upgrade before you mentioned it.
Well the reason I am considering upgrading to color was from my first experiences backing this thing up. It was at night and in Michigan where the grass is a nice shade of brown in February it was extreemly hard to distinguish grass from gravel. So as I was backing into the driveway between two ditches (which were easy to see) and that went fine.

The driveway wasnt so evident. It was wet, so the damp gravel was brown with similar shades as the grass from 11ft up. I realized is was no longer on the driveway as the MH started to list to one side as the rear wheels on one side were sinking about 8 inches into the yard.
Luckly I didnt get stuck and no damage was done (except to the yard) but I'm hoping that a color camera might make the difference. Just provide a better picture. Besides the fact that seriously who has a B/W tv anymore? I cant believe that Monaco was still using B/W in 2000. I think the last B/W tv I saw working was in 1975.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Besides the obvious B/W to color monitor, I can remove the larger B/W monitor that hangs below my front TV. This will give me much better view out the windshield. I installed the new 7" color LCD on the dash. I am disappointed with the audio though. The old Voyager system had plenty of volume to hear my GF as she spots for me when backing into a spot. Even with the volume turned up to 40(max) she has to speak above normal. We are going to try it out this weekend on our trip to AZ for spring training.
sCary
sCarycary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Ok, thanks for the upgrade explanation.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sCarycary View Post
SuperGewl, How does your audio sound. I installed my system this weekend and I am disappointed with sound level. I talked to rear View Safety and they were no help. My old system was a Voyager B/W and it had plenty of volume. The new system is barely audible. I have the volume turned up to 40. I find the audio very valuable when I am backing up and my spotter is giving me verbal cues as to how it is looking.
I haven't used the audio, but I did notice it was not all that great when I tested it. It may also have sonthing to do with the fact that I mounted it in the cover from the previous one and I am not sure exactly where the mic is located.

Tags
camera