Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2022, 05:28 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Obviously, you didn't have a Certified NRVIA Inspector do your inspection as they will identify each item as either "Acceptable" or "Fail".

At least that is how my report came back on the 2006 Monaco Dynasty we purchased last February. Plus, the buyer of our 2002 Monaco Windsor shared his inspection report with me and it was filled out with either acceptable or fail on each item.

You get what you pay for!
Surf Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2022, 07:00 AM   #30

Surf Fisher
The inspector is certified.... that was an important part of my decesion to hire in the first place
Made a phone call to him after the inspection and asked him make a report indicating fail and he would not
cyqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:07 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyqk View Post
Surf Fisher
The inspector is certified.... that was an important part of my decesion to hire in the first place
Made a phone call to him after the inspection and asked him make a report indicating fail and he would not
NRVIA Certified?
hilgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:11 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf Fisher View Post
Obviously, you didn't have a Certified NRVIA Inspector do your inspection as they will identify each item as either "Acceptable" or "Fail".

Sorry, but that is too simplistic.

Many items fall between the two. Gray areas probably outnumber black/white.

Examples:

Age and condition of tires could indicate another year or two of life, rather than brand new or definitely need replacing now.

Air bag age-- same thing.

OE shocks at 5+ years old-- same thing.

Deferred maintenance almost all falls into the gray area.

When I do coach inspections, I really want the buyer there. It is these "gray areas" that require discussion. Are these things that need to be done right now, within a year? Within buyers mechanical and interest to address or will he need to pay retail to have every single item addressed? This one single "gray area" often slants buyer to buy/reject.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:52 AM   #33

DerekF
Thanks for posting Florida's rv RV deposit laws

Being over 60 years it is quite clear that this person has violated the law regarding deposit money for the purchase

Next is to figure out where to start the process to go after these people

Any experienced folks out there that can offer some guidence

Thks
Old 08-04-2022, 09:55 AM   #34

Yes

Inspector is NRVIA certified
Old 08-04-2022, 10:19 AM   #35

Quote:
Had a contract faxed over stating that a full refund would be given if certain elements of the rv failed an inspection
Had an inspection done....if you have had one done lately its not on their template anywhere to use the word fail Our inspector just reported observations and thats all
Nothing was signed on the fax

Now made a few calls to area lawyers no one knocking down my door to take this on

Will publish the name of the rv dealer when i make some progress
Just a note:when your inspector observes a roof leaking i think it seems reasonable to call it a fail but maybe i am missing something
Quote:
Surf Fisher
I believe the only issue you've mentioned on this thread is a roof leak. Is it a leak that has been fixed, but still shows evidence of a previous leak ? Perhaps the inspector didn't consider that item or any others a fail situation ?
Old 08-04-2022, 10:25 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Oh my! A less than totally honest RV dealer. I can hardly believe it!!
DandyDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 05:51 AM   #37

Quote:
DerekF

Being over 60 years it is quite clear that this person has violated the law regarding deposit money for the purchase

Thks
The Florida Dept of Agriculture/Division of Consumer Services is where I'd start. I have engaged them in the past and found them to be very responsive and effective in getting things accomplished.
Here's a link to the complaint submittal form.

https://csapp.fdacs.gov/CSPublicApp/...Complaint.aspx
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 06:37 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Surf Fisher
The inspector is certified....

Why would you ask him to make a report saying it failed, when in his certified option it didn’t? Nor criticizing you here, but I noticed on a home inspector’s terms and conditions it included a complete indemnity clause if they miss anything.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:41 AM   #39
Community Administrator

Please see post #1 and respond if you have any advice as all this dealer bashing is off topic. Our Community Rules do not permit Vendor disputes. As long as this vendor is not named the thread can continue as the OP is merely asking for advice. Here’s the section of our rules.

Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community.

Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 07:26 AM   #40

Quote:
DerekF

Thks
Maybe call attorney generals office. Az AG answered questions and suggested places to contact for help when I called tgem for assistance
Good luck
DerekF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 07:53 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe10 View Post

Sorry, but that is too simplistic.

Many items fall between the two. Gray areas probably outnumber black/white.

Examples:

Age and condition of tires could indicate another year or two of life, rather than brand new or definitely need replacing now.

Air bag age-- same thing.

OE shocks at 5+ years old-- same thing.

Deferred maintenance almost all falls into the gray area.
A NRVIA inspector will never state how long the tires will last or list whether they are acceptable of fail. They will attempt to retrieve the DOT Code from each tire to list on their report or any obvious outside physical conditions that can easily be seen. It is up to the buyer to determine whether they accept the age and condition of the tires or not.

Air bags, either acceptable or fail (deflated) plus a photo of an air bag.

Shocks are not on the report unless the inspector crawls under the coach which the two I mentioned in my post would NOT get under a 40 or 42 foot bus coach. Also, there is no date code on shocks so either it is leaking (FAIL) or not (Acceptable). Or the inspector can tell from the test drive at the end of the inspection.

To my knowledge, an inspector is never given any maintenance reports so how are they to know whether something is a result of "deferred" maintenance or not?

I had a complete history of ALL maintenance on my 2002 Monaco Windsor when the inspector showed up but he never asked for it. However, after the deal was completed, I supplied the buyer with all of the maintenance, repairs and upgrades done over the 18+ years I had owned the coach in addition to almost 2 GB of information I had accumulated over the years on my laptop.

He was a VERY happy camper!
Surf Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:21 AM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
DerekF

That is not clear to me at all. It depends on whether the buyer signed a purchase contract. See excerpt from law below.

It is an unfair or deceptive act or practice, actionable under the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, for a dealer to:

(10) Require or accept a deposit from a prospective customer prior to entering into a binding contract for the purchase and sale of a vehicle unless the customer is given a written receipt that states how long the dealer will hold the vehicle from other sale and the amount of the deposit, and clearly and conspicuously states whether and upon what conditions the deposit is refundable or nonrefundable.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, florida