Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDINAL905
Talked to a Regional for Clifford power, he checked into it and credited me back 315.00. He stated that they should have put the total into the quote minus the extra cherges. I think this was more of a branch issue as they have 10 branches. The bottom line is we are both happy, they made some money and I dont feel like I got that screwed. Now I just hope all works well with the gen this weekend up north ! Mike.
So "don't feel like I got that screwed". How far from satisfied are you now in dollar terms - presuming you are fully fixed? Just curious how far off you are from saying you got good service vs the bad service in the title. Seems like the perfect solution - albeit you should not have had to ask for it. I think you did right to question them and they did right to adjust it. Way to go
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Seems like the perfect solution - albeit you should not have had to ask for it. I think you did right to question them and they did right to adjust it. Way to go
Yes that worked out in the long run but how many people would have shut up and paid up. Basically it means they might have or did overcharge a customer and could do it again. We may never know but it makes me leery of that place.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow520 View Post
Here in MI they would only be allowed to charge 10% more than the estimate without getting your approval first.

Sorry you got shafted. Check with your state's DMV and see if they have similar regulations about marking up estimates. You might be able to recoup your extra charges through small claims court.
And then only up to $20! Michigan has pretty tight laws on this. It is also a "motor vehicle repair facility" law so it applies to roadgoing things with a motor.

Despite the complaints here in this thread, it doesn't seem unreasonable to me to post this here as long as there isn't any embellishments of the facts. While it may not be the case in the state where the repair was performed, the facilities actions would be illegal in my state.

Glad to hear they straightened things out.
Adaycj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #32

Of course I would have rather paid the 754.00 quote price. The Guy from Clifford was very nice and proffesional, he said that free estimates were not the norm in their industry, I will take his word on that. The gen took a load last nite, we leave for a trip this PM so I will know more after the weekend. The gen seemed to vibrate inside the coach more that I would probally like before, it seemed a little worse last nite when I had the load on it, we will see-- it is a 2001. Have a nice weekend everyone, and hope you are RV'ing this weekend too ! Mike.
CARDINAL905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #33
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
Yes that worked out in the long run but how many people would have shut up and paid up. Basically it means they might have or did overcharge a customer and could do it again. We may never know but it makes me leery of that place.

I agree. Any place/person that does this is seriously lacking in business/moral character and doesn't deserve to be in business. I would make sure your contact with them is noted in a review here to save others the same fate. RV Service Reviews
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, service