Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2020, 04:04 AM   #1

Bad inverter readings??? Little help

Magnum ms2812. First my electrical panel showed house batteries being charged 264 amps? Thought just bad reading. Replaced all batteries ( shop left them dead 4 months). 1st night kept kicking off and on (over heating) fault. Turned charger off and all ok. Next day ( internal bridge) fault. Did hard reset. Nothing. Now internal charger reading? Nothing working.
Trying to get into a shop as we are on the road. Don’t know if it is worth repairing or just replace. Online around $2000. The shop will most likely be $3000 or more?? Labor to repair maybe as much as to replace. Any of you been in this situation?

Safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2020, 06:20 AM   #2

Not sure what you are asking. If you're looking for troubleshooting help you'll need to supply some specific information.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:42 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like it is bad. Replacement boards for the 2812 are pricey, around $350 for the controller and $700 or so for the power board. That's discount house pricing - most repair shops would charge higher prices.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 01:25 PM   #4

I have seen some repair facilities in u tube vids that can actually repair boards if possible. I followed one vid and asked about a fuse he told me there was indeed a fuse on my Tripplite . It was in another hard to find location due to being a newer model. I soldered wires bypassing burnt fuse and remoted it externally in case it went out again.
I have seen many inverters at half price or less on FB Marketplace had one I was going to score if I couldn't repair it.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:48 AM   #5

Inverter

Can’t say enough good things about National Indoor RV in Lewisville Tx. One days notice and they got me in and out in same day. I was expecting the worst. After talking with Magnum and told most likely board problem I expected to be in 2-3 thousand dollar range. After two days on the road with no 110 and only way to charge coach batteries was with coach engine? Just enough power to run furnace at night and bring slides in. Turned out to a loose wire and replace cooling fans! $450. I’ve never got out of RV service for that little! So nice to have everything working again.

Safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter