Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2018, 06:09 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
But aren’t those products a powder, not beads? The beads should be installed without the bag from what I have read on different manufacturers instructions.

Dynabeads are small head of a pin sized ceramic beads. They are incredible durable. And they are installed in their bags on new tires. For tires already mounted, you remove the valve core and using their applicator bottle, you insert them thru the valve stem. Go check out their site in my previous post.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2018, 09:51 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Has anybody tried the liquid tire sealer? We use it in our truck tires that go in and out of landfills and construction sites. In our experience it stops most of the small slow leaks that are in the face of the tire and also works as a liquid tire balancer.
I intend to use it in my Class A with 295 x 22.5 tires.
Maybe this question is better as a start as a new thread???
Mbe111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:15 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
But aren’t those products a powder, not beads?

They are all beads, though the size varies somewhat from product to product. It's a myth that Equal is just a bag of sand, or that you can toss in sand or other material as a substitute. But yes, do follow the manufacturers instructions.

Dynabeads also says to leave the beads in the bag if installing in a dismounted tire (they have other instructions if tire is not to be dismounted). EZ instructions and photos at

Installation
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:34 AM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
If you have a TPS on your tires, you might want to check with the manufactures of your
TPS to see if they are compatible with the Beads.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #19

I have Dyna Beads in both of my motorhomes. Dyna Beads do not require a different valve stem core. With Dyna Beads you leave the beads in the bag and insert the bag inside the partially dismounted tire. If your tires aren't dismounted then you use the applicator bottle and squeeze the beads into the tire through the valve stem.

I have been very impressed with the Dyna Beads. My Itasca always had a slight vibration in the front when I would push the speeds. Once I put the Dyna Beads in that slight vibration is gone.

Installation
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:52 AM   #20

Balance beads are bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlgeezer View Post
Recently, I had 2 new tires drop-shipped to a local recommended installer. This morning I drove over for a tire preview and scheduled install for Tuesday. While there I asked one of the tire installers about their method of placing Balancing Beads into tires. He stated that they always simply throw the bag of beads into the tire during rim mounting - without breaking the bag. (They do LOTS of 18 wheeler and Motorhome tire replacements). I am thinking that the shredded bag might interfere with the beads performance? Thanks, John
Or - you could have the tires balanced correctly - without beads. While you're at it have the axial and radial runout checked and corrected.

Beads only balance in the vertical direction - they don't take care of axial runout. Most truck tires have some degree of axial runout which has to be cured using traditional spin balancing. So, despite putting in beads, you could end up having a traditional balance anyway.

Having said that, even if you are doing a traditional balance to cure radial and axial runout, you CAN put in a small amount of beads to help keep the ride smooth as the tire wears - but, you'd be better off simply having them rebalanced professionally when you have them rotated.

Yes, beads are the fast, cheap and dirty way to balance tires - however it doesn't address all the tire causes for shimmy, poor wear and vibration.

Personally, I have too much invested in my coach to use a "quickie" solution at the most critical part of my ride and handling comfort.
Domo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:06 PM   #21

I have Dayton rims , and so far no one I have gone to can balance them. I’ll try the beads if I can put them in the valve stem .
gbstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbstewart View Post
I have Dayton rims , and so far no one I have gone to can balance them. I’ll try the beads if I can put them in the valve stem .
Where does Dayton say to take them?
Domo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:02 PM   #23

Dayton is the style of rim , there’s no bolt holes on it for studs and nuts. There found on dump trucks , school buses (which I have converted ) and box trucks. I’m pretty sure they don’t make them more , now a days people use them to make fire pit rings with them lol
Old 09-05-2018, 01:17 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Yup - the good old split rim wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Split Rim wheel.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	217790  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post

Thankfully mine are not split rim , but Dayton’s looks the same
Old 09-05-2018, 02:47 PM   #26

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
they tossed in the bags in ours,

tires are smooth so i assume they broke open,
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:21 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post

aka....Widowmaker
udid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:32 AM   #28

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm a user of Centramatics. My position is simply this. Why add one more link into the tire pressure system by adding a special valves so the balance beads won't allow the air to leak out?

All it going to take is one rear tire that following a tire pressure check a tiny piece of sand, or bead sticks in the valve core and that tire goes flat. Drive on that tire for 25 to 50 miles and it is junk. You've ruined a $250 tire.

For me that's just not the chance I want to take. I put nothing into my tires but AIR.