Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #29

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Ardbark,

It sounds like its better to order directly from Banks as your cost was less than the $2200 or so that I see the power pack system going for. Of course, they are only 400 miles away from me and we do head down to LA once or twice a year. So it might be easier just to drop it off there.

Thank you!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
I am currently camped out in front of the Banks Installation shop on S. Duggan in Azusa CA for my 7 am appointment tomorrow when they begin the installation of my Banks Power Pack.

As it turned out the Ottomind was dead on arrival so I am having to purchase a new one. Pretty costly control module but I got the kit for a song and a dance so I am still way under what the original kit cost which was $2800.

It's going to be a long day tomorrow or it even might go into the following day depending one what problems the installation tech has with the bolts, etc.

More to follow.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #31

With all this news about after-market power systems, 400-500 HP is definitely going to be on the top of my list of items when shopping for my next coach.
datedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
I got R HOME back from Banks around 2 pm this afternoon. They started on it at 7am on Wednesday and finished about 1:30 today then took it for a test drive to make sure everything was working as it should and that there were no leaks of any kind.

I drove it back to the park where we are hosting and I could tell an immediate difference when merging onto the freeway. It certainly had more get up and go! Also when climbing the hills to get into the park I noticed that I didn't have to put my foot all the way into the throttle and in fact I could back off of the throttle at times.

I now need some driving experience with it but we don't have any really long trips ahead of us. My next big trip to Alaska isn't scheduled until April of 2015. We do have a bunch of smaller trips around the western states over the next 18 months so that should give me a better idea of the kind of power and torque that has been increased. I am not expecting ANY difference in mpg so if there is any, it's a gift.

BUT, it's nice to have that extra HP and torque. No regrets in having it done!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 08-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Select power level 6 and keep the EGT below 1350 and you are good to go.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert66 View Post
I have a complete in the box (Yes new never installed spare full power pac system) for a 1999 vintage Cummins isc 8.3l 330. I am interested in this thread and have plans to sell the unit after researching exactly what I have and getting pictures of the stuff in the box. Will try to update this thread when we get home in a couple weeks. I know there are parts that cannot be replaced and want to help this group but I am not interested in parting it out but selling the complete kit so far. The people we bought the coach from had the spare components kit for appx +$1,000.
I would be interested in buying the complete kit for my 2000 isc 8.3 how can I contact you.
jamesmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Today we used power level 2 from Santa Fe into Arizona for about 300 miles. 65 mph and 9.6 mpg, seems to keep boost higher but the power reading is very low. It is called the Econ mode but it works great with cruise control, only slight speed variation on hills and EGT mostly stays good, only had to intervene on some really big hills.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #36

Heartland RV Club
Banks Power in 98 Chevy 454

I have heard similar complements after the installation on a Chevy 454. Better fuel mileage, funs cooler, lass downshifting on hills.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:27 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
After driving up to Alaska and back once again in 2015 towing the same weight as before and now having the Banks Power Pack installed, I was VERY impressed with the additional HP I had for climbing grades and accelerating on freeway entry ramps.

Plus the unexpected surprise was getting a full 1 MPG increase if fuel mileage.

For those owners that have a dead Ottomind Controller, I have also found a possible source that may be able to repair it.

Their name is Chuck's Speed and RV Center in Phoenix AZ.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Tags
power