Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Bar harbor, maine

I'm looking for a big rig friendly RV park near Bar Harbor, anybody
have any experiences to share ?
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2011, 06:47 AM   #2

We stayed in the KOA in our 33' 5th wheel a few years back and there were a lot of MH's there at the time. Haven't been to any other CG's in that area. Hope it helps.
TTT1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #3

We stayed at the Mt Desert Narrows Campground last summer and really enjoyed it. Several sites on the water, clean faucilities and friendly staff.

Mt. Dessert Narrows - Sea Breeze, Salt Air, Ocean Views all for you
Old 01-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #4

Try RV PARKS REVIEW
RV Park Reviews :: Bar Harbor, Maine ( ME ) - RV Parks and Campground Reviews

Read the comments/reviews on the campgrounds. I use this all the time and it has been good to me so far.

I have stayed at the Bar Harbor Campground and it has been great every time.

Maine doesn't put a lot of 50 amp service in their campgrounds because you don't need A/C most of the time. The other thing you have to watch for is in some campgrounds if you want to be close to the water you may not have a sewer hookup because the State Environmental Guys will not allow it.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Big Rig--need lots of room-- try Timberland Acres RV Park at 57 Bar Harbor Road in Trenton Me Phone # 207-667-3600.

I stayed a month last year and didnt want to leave. Just a great place for big rigs with lots of room--pet friendly with lots of walking room. 50 amp service
Oleo Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:34 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Any of the Campgrounds on Acadia Island offer big rig sites including 50 Amp.
A word of caution about this area. This is a prime summer time tourist area and they all fill up some times years ahead.

I'm sure you are heading to the Hah-bah for a reason but do not discount the "other" Maine. There are miles and miles of beautiful country side inland. If you have never been to Moosehead Lake. Give it a look-see. It is diffinately not Bar Harbor but you will never see anything like it anywhere else.

Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #7

You should go to Maine now. My daughter lives there and it was -13* this morning and warmed up to a warm +6* today. There is tons of snow and more coming. You can get a great price on a campsite and any spot you want. It has been a bad winter so far, colder than normally with lots of snow. I was up there for Christmas in the blizzard. It didn't stop anyone. Didn't even slow them down.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #8

We had one of the best meals of our life at the Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound. It is right at the bridge going over to Mount Desert Island and you have to go right by it. We have been there at least 3 times. You pick your lobster live and they cook it in seawater. MMMM MMMM Good.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:17 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnmarine View Post
We stayed at the Mt Desert Narrows Campground last summer and really enjoyed it. Several sites on the water, clean faucilities and friendly staff.

Mt. Dessert Narrows - Sea Breeze, Salt Air, Ocean Views all for you
It's been quite a few years but be stayed here as well. Very nice.
offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote