Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2016, 06:14 PM   #1

Basement heater switch location

I am new to this forum and need information on what they call Bay heater or basement heater. we have a 2003 Newmar Mountain aire 3776 and each time the furnace is running, there is heat every where in all the basement. I there a way to cut or to stop this heat. On other forums, sum say there is a switch in the water bay (top left) but I have no switch related to this option. The reason I ask is that my motorhome is all ready winterised and do not need that heat in the basement. We are traveling from Canada to Florida this month and would prefer concentrating the heat inside the motorhome. Thank you.
bgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2016, 06:19 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If you have Oasis then I believe there is a 4th zone that controls the heating in the water bay. It has it's own sensor if I am informed correctly. I'm not familiar with how to disable that zone but I'm certain there are those that can.

OTOH...

If you have a forced air furnace then the only heating I am aware of is a fan that can operate when the furnace is running. The switch for that fan is on the water bay panel.

Other than that, I am not aware of any heating system for the basement per se.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:11 PM   #3

sky_Boss

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have any switch in that bay. I looked every where and my guess is that some model (later then 2003) they do not have any switch to tun of or on the basement fan. Maybe someone with same model and year can reply with an answer.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:55 PM   #4

There is a previous Thread which addresses this issue and shows some pictures ad well. Maybe it will help you!

Click Here to View It
ScottyBye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:14 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Since the fan is in the basement I would trace the wires out and maybe find a switch. I can't help you. I have a switch in the wet bay for the fan.
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #6

Can someone answer this...?
Does the switch just control power to the Fan or is there a baffle or valve somewhere that closes also.
If just the fan - installing a simple on/off switch on the pwr wire to the fan would work. Wouldn't it?
Old 12-14-2016, 02:10 PM   #7

Thank you all for your interest in my request. I tried this forum hoping to see someone with same model as mine unfortunately the reply did not help me enough. I sent an email to Newmar with same request and here's what they say:
There is no way to turn the heat off to just to the basement in your coach. On the gas coaches, all we did is drill some holes in the heat run to allow residual heat to the basement when the furnace is running. On the diesel coaches, we would have run a heat line to the basement with a fan that you could turn off and on by the switch in the water service bay. No problems should develop from running the furnace while traveling. Some customers have a great fear of using any type of LP when they travel in case of a possible accident.
Hope this will help futur Newmar Mountain aire owner in ther request for help.
Thank you all formyour support.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:53 PM   #8

I am glad to hear that you at least got an answer to your question.

Tags
heater, cat, heat, switch