Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2016, 01:09 AM   #1

Battery Auto Fill

Hi Folks,
Anyone out there using the Auto Fill System on their house batteries, if so what type, Pros And Cons. I keep forgeting to check the water level !
Thanks,
RT 41
RT 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2016, 02:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT 41 View Post
Hi Folks,
Anyone out there using the Auto Fill System on their house batteries, if so what type, Pros And Cons. I keep forgeting to check the water level !
Thanks,
RT 41

I use this and would recommend it. Price is a little high though.

https://www.amazon.com/Flow-Rite-MP2...ery+quick+fill

Use a double and a single on 3 house batts and a single on the engine bat.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:20 AM   #3

"automatic"?...

Not in the sense of "set and forget". The owner still needs to periodically service the filling system. The Flo-Rite is cool, but it only makes battery maintenance simpler, not automatic. The owner needs to connect the supply (a gallon bottle of distilled water) to the squeeze bulb pumping system to actually put water into the battery cells.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:30 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
I have one, and what I really like about mine (purchased at a rally) is it has white little popup pins so you can visually see if the water level is low. No need to remove caps and look into each cell to see the level.

The ease of adding water if needed, is just icing on the cake.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:52 AM   #5

batt. fill

I used to have a battle to get at my house batt.4 since I installed the fill system so much easier best thing since slice bread pk42
pk42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:30 AM   #6

I would not be without one. Use a flow rite system for each two batteries so it did cost a little to set up. Have 8 house batteries and makes monthly checking a five minute job. Money well spent.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:40 AM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
It will be the best RV product you'll ever buy. It's pricey, but worth every cent. You'll still need to check your batteries, but it takes less than 10 minutes to connect the quick connect hose to the filler bulb, dip the end into a jug of distilled water and squeeze. Once the bulb gets hard, all the cells are full. Usually, you should do this about every three months, depending on RV use. The price for the automatic watering system is cheap in comparison to ruining your batteries.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:14 PM   #8

I put mineral oil in all my batteries. The amount of off-gassing is the same (depends on how many discharge/charge cycles they through) but you don't loose electrolyte through misting. I seldom have to add water as a result, and I have little or no corrosion in my bay.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:19 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
I just upgraded to 4x 6v Trojan T125s and have the Trojan Hydrolink watering system. I was going to use the very popular Flow-Rite system but read that it would void the Trojan warranty. If you use Trojan, shop around for the hydrolink system as they are expensive.
TechNot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery